check in cut off time with checked baggage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• check in cut off time with checked baggage

So, what's the absolute minimum time to check in with baggage?
    I'll be flying SQ228 (departs 4.45pm) next week. The problem is I have an important occasion in the afternoon and can only arrive at the airport at 4pm, 4.15pm the latest.

Do you think I can still check in at the airport and my baggage can make it to the flight? Any advice? I'll be flying F, if that makes any difference.

40 minutes is the official cut off time, and I'm sure your bags will make it in time (hey, this is Changi we're talking about).

If you past the cut off time it's pretty much up to the agent, though they're usually more lenient to those without checked bags.

Comment

Another option is to check in the day before or even two days before.

http://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/tr...eckin-airport/

Comment

Originally posted by SilverChris View Post
        40 minutes is the official cut off time, and I'm sure your bags will make it in time (hey, this is Changi we're talking about).

If you past the cut off time it's pretty much up to the agent, though they're usually more lenient to those without checked bags.
        sorry for the confusion, but SQ228 departs from Melbourne..

Yeah, I wouldn't worry so much if I'm travelling without checked baggage.. I hope the agents at MEL are nice.

Should I do online check in so that it can help speed up a bit?

Comment

Originally posted by Short Final View Post
          Another option is to check in the day before or even two days before.

http://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/tr...eckin-airport/
          I don't think I can check in the bag like 2 days before at MEL. I'm not sure tho..

Comment

I would definitely check in online. Then it's just the bags getting checked in that you will have to worry about.

Sorry I had assumed you were talking about ex-SIN. I thought all even numbered flights were ex-SIN. Browsing the PDF schedule, it looks like that's true for most flights, but not for Oz/NZ flights. Weird.

Comment

Is there any way to go earlier and check in before SQ238?. You could get rid of you bag and get your BP. Presuming that wherever you need to be isn't literally as far away from the airport as it could be.

Comment

Working...
              X