The Christmas songs have started!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Christmas songs have started!

Just got the first play this year on the 226 from PER. Nothing going down last night so they must have started today.

Cabin decorations are not up yet though.

Oh yes! I heard it on 4Nov SQ214 PER-SIN. I thought it was a little too early but when I got back to London 3 days later, Robbie Williams has already switched on the lights on Oxford Street! "Can't" wait.

Comment

when is it normally starts? I was in SIN-LHR 29 Oct

Comment

Originally posted by 726 View Post
        when is it normally starts? I was in SIN-LHR 29 Oct
        Never in October.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
          Never in October.
          I see. Never noticed such things before. Will try to be more sensitive on my next flight, probably this month.

Comment

Decorations are up all over Singapore and music has been playing for a couple of weeks already.

By the time Christmas DOES come I'll be so sick fed up of it I'll ignore it and this has got to be more of a problem as it gets easlier each year - going overboard on a good thing then makes it a bad.

Comment

Originally posted by scooby5 View Post
              Decorations are up all over Singapore and music has been playing for a couple of weeks already.

By the time Christmas DOES come I'll be so sick fed up of it I'll ignore it and this has got to be more of a problem as it gets easlier each year - going overboard on a good thing then makes it a bad.
              I find it silly that they play Christmas music and put up Christmas decorations before Deepavali even begins. There are three major races here and I think a bit more cultural sensitivity needs to be maintained on this little island.

Having said that, scooby5, it won't be long after Christmas that we'll start to hear CNY songs everywhere we go!

Comment

Originally posted by 726 View Post
                I see. Never noticed such things before. Will try to be more sensitive on my next flight, probably this month.
                You won't do in October as they haven't started then, and no need to be sensitive, we are only talking about Christmas songs.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
                  Having said that, scooby5, it won't be long after Christmas that we'll start to hear CNY songs everywhere we go!

Look forward to it

Klang, Klang, Klang,
                  Chang, Chang, Chang Didley Chang.

Is it the Chinese way of saving money? Change a fat guy with a beard in a red suit to a fat guy with a gold coin in a red suit?

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
                    Yeah, the lyrics are all the same - "Money, money, money!" sung by the same chorus of retailers.

Comment

You won't do in October as they haven't started then, and no need to be sensitive, we are only talking about Christmas songs.

Lol. Yeah i know, but i am not sensitive enough to notice that there is christmas song. If you guys haven't made this thread, i wouldn't realise that. Though i always noticed the christmas decoration. Will depart for singapore as soon as i got my passport back.

Comment

Cabin decorations are not up yet though.
                        They are now.

Comment

They are now.
                          Yes, decorations were up on my 1 Dec flight but not the 27 Nov one ..

Comment

SQ916 decorated and nauseating carol muzak playing today.

Comment

Christmas menus will be launched 16-27 Dec for P and JCL and on 24 and 25 Dec for YCL

Comment

Working...
                              X