No announcement yet.

End of the nonstops to LAX & EWR on the A345

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've sprinkled 13 waitlists from mid-Oct until 23 Nov and am confirmed around mid-October for SIN-EWR. The later dates are waitlist closed now. Bit of a dilemma. Am thinking of just doing a normal flight now, not the Last To Fly since I delayed a bit too long on this. 23 Nov as a departure from the States is actually perfect to come into work on a Monday. Much better than SQ's penchant for picking Tuesday nights for inaugurals/special flights... (yes, and I do know last 744 flight was on a Sat)

Comment

I just check the SQ website.
      There are 6 standard awards available for SQ21 on 18 Nov 13. But none of saver award is available.
      I am thinking should I put in another 50k for the standard awards.. Experience the "last 3" this non-stop flight to SIN.. or redeem a suite saver ticket...

Comment

18NOV SIN-EWR and 18NOV EWR-SIN now seem to be the final flight, if I'm looking at it correctly.

Still some savers left for SIN-EWR and standards left for EWR-SIN on the two final flights. Anyone going to do a back-to-back?

EDIT: Nope, 23NOV still there. Sorry for the false alarm
        Last edited by stargold; 1 May 2013, 09:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by stargold View Post
          Anyone going to do a back-to-back?
          There are a few of us doing the final EWR-SIN on 23rd. We did consider doing a turnaround but rightly decided against it so are planning a night or two in New York instead.

There is sure to be some lunatic(s) turning around.

Comment

Dont know if SQ will manage to sell or lease out its 5 A345s - as it doesnt seem like a market for these 4 "thirsty" holers

Comment

Originally posted by flyguy View Post
              Dont know if SQ will manage to sell or lease out its 5 A345s - as it doesnt seem like a market for these 4 "thirsty" holers
              Airbus is buying them back from SQ.

Comment

Originally posted by flyguy View Post
                As KFly has pointed out, they have already sold them.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                  As KFly has pointed out, they have already sold them.

looks like like a result of the end of nonstop SIN-LAX/EWR flights on A345, the SQ12/11 routes SIN-NRT-LAX have almost all of their J class seats priced at the most expensive tier (fare class Z)... SIN-NRT RT now becomes SGD6100 (tax inc.)!!

Comment

I have always wondered: did SQ ever pay for them as they did not meet the contracted performance

Comment

As oil prices head back to ~$90, I wonder if it starts making economical sense again.

Comment

What's happened with TG's A345s?

Comment

Originally posted by milehighj View Post
                          What's happened with TG's A345s?
                          All in storage i believe

Comment

Well. It's sad but we're on the final stretch here. So, who made it and who's going to make it before they pull the plug on this route?

A sad time indeed.

(by the way, anyone did the final flight to/from LAX?)

Comment

I've said my goodbyes to the ladies on SQ22 and SQ37 back in October. Hope this is not the end of the non-stops to the US but an interlude.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
                                So, who made it and who's going to make it before they pull the plug on this route ?.
                                I know a couple from here who are on the last one this week but I've had to cancel my booking unfortunately.

End of an (granted relatively short) era indeed.....

Comment

Working...
                                X