No announcement yet.

End of the nonstops to LAX & EWR on the A345

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am on the same page as you, yflyer. I would book myself on SIN-LAX or SIN-EWR ULH again in a heartbeat. Look at my nick.
    Last edited by SQ22; 6 June 2015, 12:48 AM.

Comment

• Good news. Looks like LAX & EWR nonstop flights might return soon.

SIA mulls resuming non-stop New York, Los Angeles flights

Comment

• Awesome news to me!!

Comment

• Originally posted by FSJZ View Post
          Good news. Looks like LAX & EWR nonstop flights might return soon.

SIA mulls resuming non-stop New York, Los Angeles flights
          Seriously doubt it. The 77W is the only aircraft in the SQ fleet that has the requisite range, and that's just barely. Not enough allocation for reserve fuel at MTOW, so unless SQ is willing to take severe load penalties, they will not be very keen on operating this route anytime soon unless they snag a 777X, which itself will take a while.

Comment

• Originally posted by shikhargpt View Post
            Seriously doubt it. The 77W is the only aircraft in the SQ fleet that has the requisite range, and that's just barely. Not enough allocation for reserve fuel at MTOW, so unless SQ is willing to take severe load penalties, they will not be very keen on operating this route anytime soon unless they snag a 777X, which itself will take a while.
            Yeap the CEO said they would reconsider bringing back these routes if they can find the equipment necessary for it. Another reason for them to buy some 777Xs.

Comment

• Is it within the range of A350s?

Comment

• Originally posted by gumption View Post
                Is it within the range of A350s?
                Nope, EWR is out of range for a A350-900 at MTOW.

Comment

• 777-200LR can do it i think.

Comment

• Originally posted by FN-GM View Post
                    777-200LR can do it i think.
                    But there will be ETOPS restriction given that it's only twin engine right?

Comment

• Originally posted by reddevil0728 View Post
                      But there will be ETOPS restriction given that it's only twin engine right?
                      It has a 330 Min ETOPS so I think that shouldn't be an issue for those routes.

Comment

• Originally posted by FSJZ View Post
                        Nope, EWR is out of range for a A350-900 at MTOW.
                        A350-900 has the A350-900R variant. SQ can simply change some of its existing A350-900 order to the R variant will enable them to fly ULH non-stop.

Comment

• Originally posted by Metropolitan Airlines View Post
                          A350-900 has the A350-900R variant. SQ can simply change some of its existing A350-900 order to the R variant will enable them to fly ULH non-stop.
                          The R variant seems to have disapeared form the Airbus website

Comment

• I hope Boeing jumps on this and offers SQ a good deal for the 777-8X. There really isn't another option available. Too late for the 777-200LR now, and Airbus doesn't really have anything to offer to SQ. No news on the supposed A350-900R.

Comment

• SQ's timing with the nonstop services has been very unlucky.

At introduction, A345 had business and premium economy class.

The inclusion of an economy class product meant it could fly regional routes when not flying ULH to LAX and EWR. Remember SIN-CGK on A345?

They converted the planes to all business class because demand exceeded supply.

After conversion to all business class, GFC of 2008. Business demand goes poooff.

In addition, planes could not fly regional routes because no economy class. Fuel prices go up.

Then after they sell off the planes, fuel prices plunge.

C'est la vie but I really hope they bring it back.... with an economy section for flexible deployment.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jumbojet Lover View Post
                                I hope Boeing jumps on this and offers SQ a good deal for the 777-8X. There really isn't another option available. Too late for the 777-200LR now, and Airbus doesn't really have anything to offer to SQ. No news on the supposed A350-900R.
                                Snap Up a couple of 77L from say air India who don't know what the hell to do with these birds. A few of those were snapped up by Etihad and deployed on Abu Dhabi- lax route & supposedly at really low prices

Comment

Working...
                                X