No announcement yet.

772ER refitted J

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Its probably already been mentioned but don't have time to have a look at all the posts. What cabin does 9V-SVF have please?

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
      Yeah, refits have been flying to CHC for a while now. You should be fine
      thanks, SQ228!

Comment

• Originally posted by FN-GM View Post
        Its probably already been mentioned but don't have time to have a look at all the posts. What cabin does 9V-SVF have please?
        My assumption would be that it would have the same interior as SVH, SVK & SVO which is the original purple with Spacebeds in J. I don't recall anyone mentioning that Royal Brunei ever altered the interiors during their lease.

SVF may come back with a refitted interior, however, just as SVG did. I think the plan was to refit 10 SV* series craft and we have only seen nine so far- B, C, E, G, I, J, L, M & N.

I'm not certain we will see a 10th refit now that it appears AKL will no longer see 772ERs by the end of this year, although ATH is to be reborn as a destination and it's possible extra capacity in the Northern summer on FCO, IST or CPH could stretch the current 9 a bit far, along with CPT, AMS and CHC.

If CHC needs one of the refits on a constant 24hr cycle, that leaves all the other destinations with 8, and they all leave around 1am and return around 6am +1 day. That calculates to four planes available for each round of 1am departures. AMS and CPT take up the first two daily, leaving CPH, IST, FCO and presumably ATH to rely on the other two with no back-up in case of tech issues or servicing.

SVO hasn't flown for almost a week, so it could be leaving the fleet as today is its tenth birthday and the lease could well be up. SVF could be in the process of being refitted right now, especially with what EKCH has alerted us to.

Comment

My assumption would be that it would have the same interior as SVH, SVK & SVO which is the original purple with Spacebeds in J. I don't recall anyone mentioning that Royal Brunei ever altered the interiors during their lease.

SVF may come back with a refitted interior, however, just as SVG did. I think the plan was to refit 10 SV* series craft and we have only seen nine so far- B, C, E, G, I, J, L, M & N.

I'm not certain we will see a 10th refit now that it appears AKL will no longer see 772ERs by the end of this year, although ATH is to be reborn as a destination and it's possible extra capacity in the Northern summer on FCO, IST or CPH could stretch the current 9 a bit far, along with CPT, AMS and CHC.

If CHC needs one of the refits on a constant 24hr cycle, that leaves all the other destinations with 8, and they all leave around 1am and return around 6am +1 day. That calculates to four planes available for each round of 1am departures. AMS and CPT take up the first two daily, leaving CPH, IST, FCO and presumably ATH to rely on the other two with no back-up in case of tech issues or servicing.

SVO hasn't flown for almost a week, so it could be leaving the fleet as today is its tenth birthday and the lease could well be up. SVF could be in the process of being refitted right now, especially with what EKCH has alerted us to.
          Thanks for that. Isn't AMS going to a 77W? That would free up the 772 for another route.

How long do we think the aircraft with the really old seats will last?

Comment

Thanks for that. Isn't AMS going to a 77W? That would free up the 772 for another route.

How long do we think the aircraft with the really old seats will last?
            AMS went 77W a couple of times but it never seemed to work out. Possibly not enough of an F market maybe, and then the space the empty F seats were taking up was cutting back on the J and Y seats they could have otherwise filled.

Do you mean how long the 772ERs that haven't been refitted will stay around? Maybe they will use them to replace the oldest SR* series that have never been refitted and have a much more inferior product. I get the impression these refits are a stop-gap due to the delays with the A350s.

Comment

AMS went 77W a couple of times but it never seemed to work out. Possibly not enough of an F market maybe, and then the space the empty F seats were taking up was cutting back on the J and Y seats they could have otherwise filled.
              Perhaps we might that down to yet another website error... At the time the 77W was serving AMS, I did try to price up AMS-SIN on SQ.com, and got the message saying on J was available on the route.

Comment

A few weeks ago I got a price for SQ 324 on 19th June 2014 and it was showing as a 77W.

Comment

A few weeks ago I got a price for SQ 324 on 19th June 2014 and it was showing as a 77W.
                  You are right! They've kept this change pretty low-key...

As of April 1, AMS will change to 4x weekly 77W with the remaining 3 days still 772, according to the PDF timetable released this week.

This will be the third time they've dangled the 77W carrot in front of AMS flyers so maybe they thought better of creating a big fanfare to announce it, in case they decide to pull them off the route yet again.

Comment

You are right! They've kept this change pretty low-key...

As of April 1, AMS will change to 4x weekly 77W with the remaining 3 days still 772, according to the PDF timetable released this week.

This will be the third time they've dangled the 77W carrot in front of AMS flyers so maybe they thought better of creating a big fanfare to announce it, in case they decide to pull them off the route yet again.
                    I didn't know it was a mix. It sound like they have done it to put the 772 some place else.

Comment

I didn't know it was a mix. It sound like they have done it to put the 772 some place else.
                      Possibly, or by then they will have another 77W to play with because of the arrival of SWW. It certainly would free up a 772 for extra CPH, IST and FCO services.

Comment

• Well, I am definitely doing SIN AMS on 77W on 1 April... will have to see if I can get Row 1/2 if they are not operating F....

Comment

• From Smiley's Spotting Blog:
                          SINGAPORE AIRLINES (SQ/SIA):
                          9V-SVF Boeing 777-212ER (378/30871) is parked at Changi in full SIA colours. Ex-ROYAL BRUNEI lease as V8-BLA. Hadn’t flown as such as of 20-Mar.

Comment

I'm not aware of any more 772ERs undergoing refits. 9V-SVO has been out of service a few days now and I wonder if now that it has hit the 10 year mark that its lease may have expired and it's on the way out of the fleet.

Anyone with any news about whether SVF may reappear?
                            SVO doesn't seens to be out - flying since 15 Mar and is currently enroute SQ281 to AKL.

Mik

Comment

• Originally posted by eamond View Post
                              SVO doesn't seens to be out - flying since 15 Mar and is currently enroute SQ281 to AKL.

Mik
                              Yeah, all three of the non-refits H, K & O are all just getting the odd go at AKL but SVO seems to be getting a little more work to other destinations than the other two now.

Comment

• so definitely no retrofit for akl?

Comment

Working...
                                X