Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

India liberates its airmarket- opportunities for SQ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• India liberates its airmarket- opportunities for SQ?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-india-19596091

The decision was one of several key reforms announced by the government. It also approved a plan to allow foreign airlines to buy 49% stakes in local carriers, in the hope that this will boost the country's troubled aviation sector.

Will SQ have any interest in buying into any of the Indian Airlines?
    Would this large market, a lot nearer to a major competitor, EK, be of interest to them?

which carrier(s) would you recommend?

Comment

Doubt SQ would want to buy a 49% stake in AI, why would SQ sink money into a deteriorating airline which they won't have majority control of?
      Last edited by Sethor; 19 September 2012, 04:01 PM.

Comment

Can't think of any (Indian) airlines that's really worth considering

The legacy carriers are dead (or dying) and the ones seemingly doing well are LCCs. I believe the 49% cap will put off a lot of interest.

Comment

This thread is well timed for me- currently considering which airline to use for a domestic flight in India next year.

Is AI generally the most reliable? I've not heard much good about any of the companies- but Air India I've heard less awful stories than the others. Are they all so bad that I should take a train instead?

Comment

Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
            Is AI generally the most reliable?
            Bwahahaha.......

Jet and Indigo are the most reliable. AI is bottom of the bunch. Even Kingfisher in its current state is better than AI.

Comment

Working...
            X