Transfer/Luggage from Silk Air to Singapore Airlines at Changi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transfer/Luggage from Silk Air to Singapore Airlines at Changi

I know this subject has been discussed in the past, but there a few specific points that I really need clarifying as we have two separate reservations for Silk Air & Singapore Airlines. Like a lot of people out there, I've been having numerous problems with the people at Singapore Airlines & Silk Air!!!

My mother is flying from HKT-SIN-LHR. Her flight from HKT-SIN is 14.55-17.40. Her flight to LHR is the next day at 12.45 (SQ318).

My family is flying HKT-SIN-HND. We're on the same flight from HKT-SIN, and our flight to HND is the next day at 15.20 (SQ634).

I'd like to know:
    i) Can we still tag our luggage at HKT to our final destinations of LHR & HND respectively on separate tickets?

ii) I'd like to clarify if the timing for the 24 hour luggage transit rule commences at check in (at HKT) or on arrival at Changi?

iii) We're planning to spend the night in downtown Singapore. I know it's easy to go through immigration/customs and leave the airport. My question here is do we need to go to the transit desk and check in for our respective flights to LHR & HND before heading downtown?

iv) Finally, would it be safe to return to the airport 60 minutes before flight time the next day if we only had to go through immigration & security?

Originally posted by tubamis View Post
    I know this subject has been discussed in the past, but there a few specific points that I really need clarifying as we have two separate reservations for Silk Air & Singapore Airlines. Like a lot of people out there, I've been having numerous problems with the people at Singapore Airlines & Silk Air!!!

My mother is flying from HKT-SIN-LHR. Her flight from HKT-SIN is 14.55-17.40. Her flight to LHR is the next day at 12.45 (SQ318).

My family is flying HKT-SIN-HND. We're on the same flight from HKT-SIN, and our flight to HND is the next day at 15.20 (SQ634).

I'd like to know:
    i) Can we still tag our luggage at HKT to our final destinations of LHR & HND respectively on separate tickets?

ii) I'd like to clarify if the timing for the 24 hour luggage transit rule commences at check in (at HKT) or on arrival at Changi?

iii) We're planning to spend the night in downtown Singapore. I know it's easy to go through immigration/customs and leave the airport. My question here is do we need to go to the transit desk and check in for our respective flights to LHR & HND before heading downtown?

iv) Finally, would it be safe to return to the airport 60 minutes before flight time the next day if we only had to go through immigration & security?
    i) You can, but you should call them first, give them your bookings details and ask them to link the bookings together to enable you to through check your luggage.

ii) This is a bit of a grey area. Its supposed to be on arrival time but I know people who have been outside the 24 hour rule and got their luggage checked through. It depends on whether the computer says no at check-in.

iii) You will be able to check-in for your flights at HKT.

iv) 60 minutes is enough at Changi but I wouldn't leave it any later than that.

Comment

Working...
    X