Passport details Important?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Passport details Important?

Are passport details like passport number and expiry important?

The SQ webpage seems to have a problem when I tried to update my passport details. Wonder if i should call the call center (which i think takes at least 30mins of my time to get to a officer?)?

Or should it be sufficient that the name on the e-ticket is correct and I update the details upon check-in?

Thanks

I believe passport details can be added at check-in. As long as your name is right and matches both passport and booking.

Comment

Only last name, first name and title. Those are the important bits.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick C View Post
        Not too sure about that one - I've travelled as Mrs Silver/Chris before

Comment

Originally posted by Nick C View Post
          And the travel document number too. Ever travelled with a new passport and forgot to update the airline. Got refused at check-in and got to get it updated .

Comment

Originally posted by SilverChris View Post
            Not too sure about that one - I've travelled as Mrs Silver/Chris before
            And did you book your itinerary with the DBS Woman World MasterCard as well?
            Le jour de Saint Eugène, en traversant la Calle Mayor...

Comment

I can't even add my passport details to any booking at the SQ website (yay for the great 'update' which totally fixed this problem) - don't worry about it, you'll be fine.

Comment

USA is the only country that really need them ahead of check-in AFAIK
                My SQ and flying Videos: Youtube My Travel Blog: AussieFlyer.net

Comment

As I have two passports I never quite know which one I will travel on. So often change the passport details at the airport. As sqdazz says I think the only destination you have to have totally confirmed passport details before check in is the USA

Comment

Originally posted by FlyingDan View Post
                    I can't even add my passport details to any booking at the SQ website (yay for the great 'update' which totally fixed this problem) - don't worry about it, you'll be fine.
                    I had the same problem.. I can't change my passport details. When I called them up, they told me to fax it my passport over!! Waste of my time

I think i will update it upon checkin

Comment

Originally posted by Lobster View Post
                      As I have two passports I never quite know which one I will travel on. So often change the passport details at the airport. As sqdazz says I think the only destination you have to have totally confirmed passport details before check in is the USA
                      Indeed. I just tended to make sure the one with the Yemen and Saudi visa's was never used for trips to Australia (where they don't seem to like people with two passports) and the US.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                        Indeed. I just tended to make sure the one with the Yemen and Saudi visa's was never used for trips to Australia (where they don't seem to like people with two passports) and the US.
                        Kind of strange for a country that allows dual citizenship (Australia)... And let's not even talk about the PITA immigration officers, but I digress.
                        God must have been a ship owner, he placed the raw materials far from where they are needed and covered two-thirds of the earth with water...

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                          Whenever we travel to the Middle East, we request that they not stamp our passports for this reason (they attach a piece of paper which can be torn out later).
                          HUGE AL

Comment

Working...
                          X