Removal of Economy Seat Footrest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 9V-SIA View Post
    Interesting. I'm 6' and the footrest (undeployed) hits my shin when I try to put my feet under seat in front.
    Interesting, same height but different experience. I do not feel footrest hitting my shin and I prefer to keep it as it allows me to shift my leg position in particular on longer flights. Stretching legs is good and I do that of course, but I also like to put my feet on the footrest every now and then to help with blood circulation as it raises legs up enough to not get pressure from the edge of the seat cushion (pressing into thighs). Maybe it's just me

Comment

I like them.
      On Long flights, I use this to support the calves in slouch mode. Then again, I'm a relative shortie (a mere 1.7M) compared to some of you.

Comment

For me (1.8m), I don't mind them being removed. They dig into my shins, causing me unable to stretch my legs under the seat in front. This is my main complaint of SQ's economy seats. SQ could adopt something similar to QF by having footnets instead (however QF might have patented them).
        My past and future travels

My Travel Map

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
          I like them.
          On Long flights, I use this to support the calves in slouch mode. Then again, I'm a relative shortie (a mere 1.7M) compared to some of you.
          I am just like you, about the same height too.
          I used it to support the lower part of the calves and in this position, the body feels weightless. And that footrest supporting the rear side almost has the lie-flat effect of space bed seats.

That's why I avoid emergency rows on night flights. With no calf support, I need to adjust the slouch position many times.

Comment

Originally posted by SQueeze View Post
            I am just like you, about the same height too.
            I used it to support the lower part of the calves and in this position, the body feels weightless. And that footrest supporting the rear side almost has the lie-flat effect of space bed seats.

That's why I avoid emergency rows on night flights. With no calf support, I need to adjust the slouch position many times.
            And I thought I was the only one like that. I now have a buddy

Comment

Good they being removed on my last long haul flight i reckon i knocked them with my shins about 10 times. I dont think they do much.

Comment

Working...
              X