SQ17 YVR-ICN 19Apr

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SQ17 YVR-ICN 19Apr

First time ever for me, the pilot cancelled the landing. I saw we were slowing down, and the water below. But then suddenly it went up. No announcement yet. I thought the pilot miss-aimed the landing, but he said that the plane in front of him did not get off the runway quickly enough. But hey, my first!

Regarding on board, I decided to sleep after lunch service. But here are my observations.

I boarde the plane a bit late because no announcement at AC MLL. Noone at the door 1L. Yes now the new section of the terminal opened, so Gate 64 has two doors. No one rushed to help me with my jacket. Or at least usually they would say "I will get back to you shortly." Decided just to put my jacket in the over head bin.
    My embarassing moment was when I wanted to go to the lav to change my shirt. I went to the front, and I just did not remember that 777-200ER doesn't have lav upfront.. but at the back of C-section.
    Another female IFS for me. I must say she is not as friendly to me as other female IFS so far. She was more business minded., But hey, she did put my table cloth in reverse. Of course I did not say anything. I just flipped the linen.
    In fact, the best FA in the cabin was the blue kebaya. She called me with Mr. CGK. So the rating for this cabin crew: blue kebaya, LS, and IFS stayed last. The blue kebaya was the one who asked me before landing whether I wanted something to eat, because I missed my light meal service. I settled for my favorite doo doo noodles (yeah, I know many here). She offered me full meal service but I declined.

Okay, will see what happened to my next flight SQ15, which I am disappointed that my waitlist for F is not cleared. But hey, will enjoy 14K. Ok.. got to o boarding!

Originally posted by CGK View Post
    My embarassing moment was when I wanted to go to the lav to change my shirt. I went to the front, and I just did not remember that 777-200ER doesn't have lav upfront.. but at the back of C-section.
    Those lavs on the left at the front on the 772ER used to be available for pax but they stopped this a while ago and I think they use them as crew rest areas now.

Comment

...My embarassing moment was when I wanted to go to the lav to change my shirt ...
      I thought the anecdote was going to be a whole lot more embarrassing!

Have a good trip, CGK.
      ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
        I thought the anecdote was going to be a whole lot more embarrassing!
        Well, I was embarassed to give impression to the IFS that I am an infrequent flyer on SQ premium cabin, since I don't know where the lav is. I am sure you know what I mean. I get that certain look!

Comment

nice and bad

First time ever for me, the pilot cancelled the landing. I saw we were slowing down, and the water below. But then suddenly it went up. No announcement yet. I thought the pilot miss-aimed the landing, but he said that the plane in front of him did not get off the runway quickly enough. But hey, my first!

Regarding on board, I decided to sleep after lunch service. But here are my observations.

I boarde the plane a bit late because no announcement at AC MLL. Noone at the door 1L. Yes now the new section of the terminal opened, so Gate 64 has two doors. No one rushed to help me with my jacket. Or at least usually they would say "I will get back to you shortly." Decided just to put my jacket in the over head bin.
          Another female IFS for me. I must say she is not as friendly to me as other female IFS so far. She was more business minded., But hey, she did put my table cloth in reverse. Of course I did not say anything. I just flipped the linen.
          In fact, the best FA in the cabin was the blue kebaya. She called me with Mr. CGK. So the rating for this cabin crew: blue kebaya, LS, and IFS stayed last. The blue kebaya was the one who asked me before landing whether I wanted something to eat, because I missed my light meal service. I settled for my favorite doo doo noodles (yeah, I know many here). She offered me full meal service but I declined.

Okay, will see what happened to my next flight SQ15, which I am disappointed that my waitlist for F is not cleared. But hey, will enjoy 14K. Ok.. got to o boarding!
          CGK,CGK,CGK.In the SIA career place,it works like this:The more senior you are,that means the more experienced you are.Which is why you get "smarter" as you go thru your career path.So, the IFS treated you like that(in my opinion) But anyhow,SIA,A great way to fly
          Last edited by Kai-Sheng; 21 April 2007, 09:09 PM. Reason: wrong spelling

Comment

I think I know why the IFS a bit reserve. Yeah, SQ ground staff were greeted me and chatted with me. Thus, it might make her to treat me business professional like, instead of a personal.

Comment

I have had two aborted landings thus far. The first was when I returned from Bangkok on SQ67 in December 2005 (still a Boeing 747 then). Cross-winds up front, unsafe to land.

The second incident happened last month on SilkAir MI274. We were approaching Manado's Sam Ratulangi when it started raining. It got heavier and visibility dwindled. So we turned around and tried again.

And hey, CGK, I wouldn't do a on you. I had Do Do fish ball kway teow noodles myself in Raffles Class sometime back. It was just one of those days when you were tired/moody or your favourite food had run out and you just didn't feel like having a heavy meal!
              My Cafe Adventures
              Be Among The First To Savour Aromatic Vietnamese Coffee
              http://www.mycafeadventures.com/

Comment

Working...
              X