USD50 change fee per call/ticket, for all tickets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USD50 change fee per call/ticket, for all tickets

Called SQ reservations today to change date of travel for upcoming J/F bookings. Was told that there is a new rule (effective yesterday) that all changes are subject to USD50 fee per call per ticket, if passenger is not a PPS member. This affects all tickets, even Suites/First/Business.

This is getting to be too LCC for SQ!

Originally posted by StarG View Post
    Called SQ reservations today to change date of travel for upcoming J/F bookings. Was told that there is a new rule (effective yesterday) that all changes are subject to USD50 fee per call per ticket, if passenger is not a PPS member. This affects all tickets, even Suites/First/Business.

This USD50 admin fee has been around since 1 Apr 2012 AFAIK

Comment

Since when are date changes reservation or ticketing services? The SQ site still advertises free date changes without a disclaimer...not impressed if it's true.
      /Desert Traveller

Comment

Utterly shocking if true!

Just tried to make a dummy booking SIN-AMS-SIN in Y, saw several price points. The Sweet Deal allows rebooking for USD20, Flexi Saver and Flexi just say "allowed" with no mention of fee. Same for BKK and SYD in both Y and J. The fare conditions for ERSG to SYD show itinerary change "Allowed, no charge."

Could this be some kind of misunderstanding?

Comment

This explains it - when i tried to waitlist for an alternative flight recently, the agent on the line was abit confused and said I might have to pay USD$50 for the change. I said that the ticketing condition was changes allowed at no charge, he checked and said yes, and somewhat-hesitatingly said it should be alright... Not impressed, especially if we're paying good money for the ticket.

Comment

I take it that this apply to KF award tickets as well?

Comment

Date changes for J/F should be free. Or some Y fares too for that matter. But the US$50 service fee should only be applied to issuing new tickets and not with existing ones.

Comment

BA charges £200 for a J change it seems.

Comment

Originally posted by Guy Betsy View Post
                  Date changes for J/F should be free. Or some Y fares too for that matter. But the US$50 service fee should only be applied to issuing new tickets and not with existing ones.
                  I hope when it says no charge it means no charge for changes. I just bought a Flexi Saver ticket on that premise (see my other post/thread)

Comment

Is this charge supposed to be for changes through the call centre? I remember at one time 2 years or so ago, they implemented something like it and it was an unpopular move. I had to argue each and everytime I made a change.

Anyway, on the service fees chart for awards, date change is still listed as free.

One little sidetrack, does anybody know if I can change from flexi saver to flexi or vice versa? I have conflicting info from different agents. Am trying to upgrade a JFK -FRA flight and will have to buy flexi ticket but if upgrades are not clear, would like to downgrade to flexi saver. Some agents said can downgrade paying 50usd service fee. Another said must cancel first with usd100 penalty and then rebook

Comment

This is terrible!

Any reason why it's in USD as opposed to S$?
                      HUGE AL

Comment

Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post
                        This is terrible!

Any reason why it's in USD as opposed to S$?
                        It's USD50 for reservation and ticketing services through an SQ US office. Prices vary for other locations. Info is from the 'service fees & charges' on the SQ site (small print links at the bottom). On the move again and having trouble posting links, will update later.

Update...here's the link: SQ Service Fees and Charges
                        Last edited by Desert Traveller; 28 April 2012, 09:14 AM. Reason: Added link...
                        /Desert Traveller

Comment

Originally posted by Desert Traveller View Post
                          It's USD50 for reservation and ticketing services through an SQ US office. Prices vary for other locations. Info is from the 'service fees & charges' on the SQ site (small print links at the bottom). On the move again and having trouble posting links, will update later.

Update...here's the link: SQ Service Fees and Charges
                          Was charged some fee this week in SFO to make a change.
                          Too tired to then to question too much . Will check link later - thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Singapore_Air View Post
                            BA charges £200 for a J change it seems.
                            Only if the fare rules says that there is a charge. Otherwise a service fee should not be that high at all.

Comment

Just had a first hand experience with this new fee. Decided not to change the flight because I refused to pay $50. I'm done flying SQ.

Comment

Working...
                              X