LHR to go all A380 from 1/June 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by choonhong View Post
    why u guys dont seem happy LHR is going full 380?

777-300ER is better than 380?
    personally m sick of B777 but yet to try 380
    See quite the opposite for me, nearly all my flights in the last 3 years have been on the A380, so I fancied a change, alas not going to happen now.

Comment

Originally posted by SQtraveller View Post
      I assume you're talking about LHR vs Changi? I've never found any trouble when I arrive in Singapore.

I find it is slightly longer to get off the plane, but by the time I'm through immigration the bags are ready for me - usually within 10/15mins of getting off the aircraft.
      Both SQtraveller! Last week my son came back from JFK on SQ25 on a 380. He waited 50 mins AFTER reaching the conveyor belt to pick up his bags. Of course, he was in Y and had no status ... and was one of last 10-15 pax to get their bags.

Comment

Heard rumours there may be additional flights to LHR added due to olympics season, but no idea of what aircraft, perhaps a 777.

Comment

I heard back to 77W post Olympics. I hope so.

Comment

I hope to that it goes back to 77W. I doubt this is just to cope with the Olympics, as it has gone to A380 well before they start. If I remember correctly, in 2008 the A380 was operated twice daily to PEK only during the three week period between the opening and closing ceremonies. Then it went back to all 777.

Comment

SQ 308 today , plane change to 77W, not sure reason though.

Comment

Working...
              X