Silly rule number 4791 [Really? Stickers needed on Suites BP?]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cscs1956 View Post
    But he already has Suites Boarding Pass ! With the verification with passport. Do not think abuse is the word to use?
    did you feel the rush of air go over your head? Think you missed the point.
    My SQ and flying Videos: Youtube My Travel Blog: AussieFlyer.net

Comment

Originally posted by cscs1956 View Post
      But he already has Suites Boarding Pass ! With the verification with passport. Do not think abuse is the word to use?
      I agree. milehighj really should use that word!

Originally posted by sqdazz View Post
      did you feel the rush of air go over your head? Think you missed the point.
      HUGE AL

Comment

What's all the fuss? R is R is R and not F!

Comment

ManFlyer did you manageto grab a few of those stickers? I'm williing to experiment on putting one on my Y BP and seeing if I can get through (you would have thought SQ would hve learnt after some unethical people managed to get hold of the old PPS stickers that they do not make the best control system).

Comment

Originally posted by eriond View Post
            I'm just making a guess, but perhaps SQ purchases these gold stickers from ICA? So it is for ICA's accounting/revenue purposes?

Just like the "Fast Lane" stickers the check-in staff affix to your BP at MAN T1. C/F BP doesn't get you through the Fast Lane if you don't have the sticker on it.
            ICA as in our Immigrations and Checkpoints Authority? How is that relevant here? The author says this is in BKK

Comment

Originally posted by concept|infinit View Post
              ICA as in our Immigrations and Checkpoints Authority? How is that relevant here? The author says this is in BKK
              OP was referring to the FCT at SIN T3.

Comment

Lalala Looks like the Comedy Awards thread has a new sibling -

the Comedy Stickers thread...?
                or aka simply as - the Some People Don't Get It thread...?

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                  As jjpb3 has pointed out, if you don't have a First/Suites BP or are Solitaire then what would be the point of going to use that lane ?.
                  Yes, I agree that there is hardly any ambiguity for the ICA personnel standing at FC immigration doors to recognise a F/R BP and let eligible passengers through even if they checked-in at outstations/row 6 and hence not have a gold sticker.

However, due to staff rotation from other locations, it might be a little challenging for them to disseminate the policy that TPP/LPP are to be let through regardless of BP colour. Issues on allowing guests of eligible travellers might arise too, and perhaps ICA personnel prefer to pass on the decision to the FCT staff instead, instead of accepting the wrong personnel and SQ rejecting to pay them in the end.

Therefore, I guess, the gold sticker is merely a form of 'standardisation' for staff training purposes. Sticker present - come through, sticker absent - no entrance.

Comment

Yes, I agree that there is hardly any ambiguity for the ICA personnel standing at FC immigration doors to recognise a F/R BP and let eligible passengers through even if they checked-in at outstations/row 6 and hence not have a gold sticker.

However, due to staff rotation from other locations, it might be a little challenging for them to disseminate the policy that TPP/LPP are to be let through regardless of BP colour. Issues on allowing guests of eligible travellers might arise too, and perhaps ICA personnel prefer to pass on the decision to the FCT staff instead, instead of accepting the wrong personnel and SQ rejecting to pay them in the end.

Therefore, I guess, the gold sticker is merely a form of 'standardisation' for staff training purposes. Sticker present - come through, sticker absent - no entrance.
                    Not to mention that ICA would not be able to identify which passengers are checked-in in SIN or outstations. The contract may also state that SQ would only pay for premium pax that are checked-in in SIN or by the number of pax that clears through the FCT immigration. Therefore I guess they would need some sort of method for "accounting" purposes.
                    My past and future travels

My Travel Map

Comment

hmmmm... i wonder how the 40 yo person would feel if a 17 yo teenager can tell him how wasteful and ineffective the idea is.

Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
                      Because if you divide 4791 by the mystical number 3 it becomes 1657, which if you add each of those digits together produces 19, which if converted to letters using a scale where A = 1 and so forth, becomes AI, which in turn stands for Arbitrary Integer.
                      U must have lots of time.

Comment

Originally posted by concept|infinit View Post

Durrrrrrrr...

Originally posted by milehighj View Post
                        Lalala Looks like the Comedy Awards thread has a new sibling -

the Comedy Stickers thread...?
                        or aka simply as - the Some People Don't Get It thread...?
                        HUGE AL

Comment

Working...
                        X