SIN-BAH

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SIN-BAH

I need to go from SIN to BAH in May. I'm tossing up whether to travel via DXB or RUH or even AUH. I know the last sector will be with an airline other than SQ so thought I'd have some adventure in the transit.

I've been to DXB before and very likely to go through there again in my future travels. Probably unlikely to have a reason to go to AUH or RUH again.

Looking at the Flight Schedules I can't see conclusively how the flights operate. Do they go SIN-DXB-RUH?

If I go via RUH, am I able to transit to the BAH flight without visa? I would need to retrieve my bag and check it to BAH some how.

Another idea I had was to redeem for the flight to RUH if it goes via DXB. Then leave the flight at DXB but have lounge access while waiting for my connecting flight. The miles redemption is the same.

Anyone got any thoughts on operating schedules to DXB, RUH & AUH?

Originally posted by Albatross710 View Post

Another idea I had was to redeem for the flight to RUH if it goes via DXB. Then leave the flight at DXB but have lounge access while waiting for my connecting flight. The miles redemption is the same.
    Problem is, you will have checked bags as mentioned. Your bags will be tagged to RUH not DXB.

Unless you're counting on them offloading your bags, which is insane.

Comment

Originally posted by SilverChris View Post
      Problem is, you will have checked bags as mentioned. Your bags will be tagged to RUH not DXB.

Unless you're counting on them offloading your bags, which is insane.
      No, I was thinking of checking bags to DXB, collecting bags and checking them on the other carrier to BAH. Then using the remaining portion of the SQ tix to check in for the final sector and then advise them I wasn't boarding.

It was just a random thought when I notice that the redemptions are the same miles.

Any ideas on RUH transit if I choose to organise transit via there. Maybe SQ wouldn't even carry me there as I wouldn't have a visa to enter.

Comment

Working...
      X