SQ62/AA3786 IAH Connection Time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SQ62/AA3786 IAH Connection Time

Should be a frequent question, but I can't seem to find an answer. I am planning on taking the SQ62 DME-IAH route with the family (two young kids). One of the connection options leaves 1:35 in IAH before the next leg to ORD on AA (MQ really). This being the first port of arrival into the US, we'll have to go through CBP, recheck our luggage, and take the airport transit from the international terminal all the way to terminal A.

Really want to fly SQ, but a little nervous of the short connection time. Any thoughts or recent experience with this at IAH? There is a (much) later flight to ORD, but trying to make the trip a bit easier on the kids.

Thanks!

Originally posted by holymisha View Post
    Should be a frequent question, but I can't seem to find an answer. I am planning on taking the SQ62 DME-IAH route with the family (two young kids). One of the connection options leaves 1:35 in IAH before the next leg to ORD on AA (MQ really). This being the first port of arrival into the US, we'll have to go through CBP, recheck our luggage, and take the airport transit from the international terminal all the way to terminal A.

Really want to fly SQ, but a little nervous of the short connection time. Any thoughts or recent experience with this at IAH? There is a (much) later flight to ORD, but trying to make the trip a bit easier on the kids.

Thanks!
    Hi Holymisha, a 1.35 transit can be a little stressful, I have to admit. Couple of potential issues: 1) the flight may be late coming into IAH; 2) depending the day, and whether you're a American or not, the immigration queues can be a little long (and these guys never feel rushed to clear the lines).

If you're in first/biz class, and you can be ahead of the queues, it's doable but again it all depends on the above factors.

Just the other day I had to do a SIN-EWR-MCO, and I had a 2-hour transit. It was a walk-in-the-park as the plane arrived 30mins early and immigration queue was non-existent and I even had time for some food in the next terminal.

Comment

Thanks for the comments, CarbonMan. We do have US passports, but won't be in 1st/biz, unfortunately Might be a better option to go through Europe this time.

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
      X