No announcement yet.

The Final SQ Boeing 747-400 flights - 06 April 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please keep this thread updated on the availability - the SQ website just won't work !!

Comment

some angel decided to cancel his/her seat on SQ747, so now i'm on both sectors!

Originally posted by flyKL View Post
      Please keep this thread updated on the availability - the SQ website just won't work !!
      it does, just try a dummy booking

Comment

I'm not sure it's a cancellation - may just be the controller letting go a few more seats:

Results from ExpertFlyer.com
        Code:
        Flight Availability Search
        Departing SIN on 06/04/12 0:00 for HKG
        Returning on 06/04/12 0:00 
        Flying SQ  
        Direct/Non-Stop Only

0 Connections
        SQ 747        0      SIN                HKG                744       Unavailable     F0 P0 A0 Z1 C0 J0 D0 S2 Y2 B0 E0 M0 H0 W0 Q0 N0 V0 T0 L0 K0 
                             06/04/12 8:30      06/04/12 13:15               NA / NA
        Results from ExpertFlyer.com
        Code:
        Flight Availability Search
        Departing SIN on 06/04/12 0:00 for HKG
        Returning on 06/04/12 0:00 
        Flying SQ  
        Direct/Non-Stop Only

0 Connections
        SQ 748        0      HKG                SIN                744       Unavailable     F0 P0 A0 Z2 C1 J0 D0 S9 Y9 B9 E1 M0 H0 W0 Q0 N0 V0 T0 L0 K0 
                             06/04/12 14:45     06/04/12 19:30               NA / NA

Comment

Unforgivable

Just got a call from SQ..

"Mr SilverChris sir, we regret to inform you that, uh, there was an error with our booking system and thus SQ747 is overbooked, unfortunately. We'll need to rebook you onto the earlier SQ890 if that's alright with you."

Comment

Originally posted by SilverChris View Post
            Unforgivable

"Mr SilverChris sir, we regret to inform you that, uh, there was an error with our booking system and thus SQ747 is overbooked, unfortunately. We'll need to rebook you onto the earlier SQ890 if that's alright with you."
            Ouuccch! Sorry to hear that.

Comment

Originally posted by SilverChris View Post
              Unforgivable

And what if it's not alright with you? Were you able to argue a case?
              The world's too large a place not to go wandering.

Comment

Originally posted by viraj735 View Post
                And what if it's not alright with you? Were you able to argue a case?
                According to them, I'm not the only one bumped. Since I booked only 24 hours ago I must have been booking a seat that was never available.

There's nothing they can do for a seat on 747, at least until a few pax cancel their bookings. Even then, they allocate the seats according to the booking sequence (which I believe I'm quite far down).

Comment

Anyone else on SQ890?

Comment

Would this count as a case of IDB then?

Comment

Originally posted by eriond View Post
                      Would this count as a case of IDB then?
                      I would probably argue for a case of compensation for a flight of this nature and then probably cancel unless you are flying on 748 as well

Edit: It seems that SQ are still selling tickets with the announcement on FB
                      Last edited by pavion; 22 February 2012, 11:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
                        Nah... 1B is where the people who don't really know this layout, but THINK they do sit
                        Absolutely.

Originally posted by milehighj View Post
                        7/12 and counting...
                        8/12 now I believe.

Glad it's finally announced after the cloak and dagger stuff running up to the official annoucement, in particular the patience of some certain individuals at SQ who put up with the 'I've booked a JCL ticket on SQ860/863 on an A330 but this is going to change to a 744 with F, and I want to book an F ticket please', before they knew about it.

Champagne breakfast in TPR anyone ?.
                        Last edited by MAN Flyer; 22 February 2012, 10:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                          Champagne breakfast in TPR anyone ?.
                          If you're inviting

Comment

Odd, as it seems they are 12 for 12... and nope, it's not me.

"We apologies for the late reply.

We regret to inform you that the seats for first class are fully booked.
                            Alternatively, you may book the land arrangements with us.

Please feel free to contact us 64388822 if you have any further queries.

Thank You

Best Regards:"

Comment

Kyo, when they say "book the land arrangements", does this imply there's another part of the package available?!?

Comment

Apart from the poor construction of English, a normal layperson would be most perplexed about their vaguely-worded e-mail suggestion, I'd say.

In fact, one would imagine they don't want anyone actually taking the matter further flights-wise, and to simply organise some sort of ground-based transport (from HKG airport(??!) o whatever hotel they're partnering with).

So, why it isn't yet 12/12, I have no idea. How much was an F roundtrip, can someone advise?

Comment

Working...
                                X