The Final SQ Boeing 747-400 flights - 06 April 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SQGamespeed View Post
    By "TE B747" are you referring to the old code for Air New Zealand? Otherwise I agree with you. The 747 remains my favourite aircraft. There truly isn't any other plane like it.

I used to call it the "camel plane" when I was a kid.
    Sorry it was a typo! I meant to say "the B747", but for some reason missed out the "h" and it became te on the screen, and my iPad just autocorrect "te" to become "TE"...

Comment

• I demand a refund!!. I bought in good faith a return ticket for SQ747/748 on 6 April last year on the understanding that those were going to be the last ever SQ 747 pax flights, but it seems according to the article below they were flying pax on them in June :

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...tructions.html

Comment

• Not so busy today in the office I see.

Comment

• You sure? You're gonna have the give back all the champers then...

Comment

• The Sommelier from SQ748 (not Jeannie Cho Lee, she only did SQ747) was on my SQ328 MUC-SIN a few weeks ago.

It appears us SLF are not the only ones who thought it was best flight ever, or that it's a shame the 744's have gone.....

Comment

• 2 years on...

Comment

• Originally posted by SilverChris View Post
                2 years on...
                Indeed. Still remember it fondly.

Comment

• Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                  Indeed.

Comment

• Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                    Originally posted by milehighj View Post
                    Indeed.
                    Likewise. It was also great to meet many of you and learn from your insights and experiences.
                    The world's too large a place not to go wandering.

Comment

• Seems like yesterday that I saw a pax being kindly helped off the plane on arrival by the LSS from the 744.

Best flight ever.

Comment

• Originally posted by StarG View Post
                        Seems like yesterday that I saw a pax being kindly helped off the plane on arrival by the LSS from the 744.

Best flight ever.
                        Oh that poor pax. What was his/her seat number?

Comment

• Originally posted by milehighj View Post
                          I wouldn't be too pitiful of the pax. He seemed happy & very satisfied with the quality and quantity of beverages available onboard.

Comment

• Originally posted by milehighj View Post
                            I'm not sure, but I reckon they had that much fun they'd do it again tomorrow.

Comment

• Originally posted by StarG View Post
                              I wouldn't be too pitiful of the pax. He seemed happy & very satisfied with the quality and quantity of beverages available onboard.
                              Agree. It was actually us who should be pitied because we worried so much that he would miss his connection.

Oh...how I miss that ride on that day 2 years ago. Wish we could all do it again.

Comment

• The F Seats did not have Burl Wood???

"Despite such challenges, J.P.A. created a first-class cabin for Singapore that was seductively different from anyone else’s. The seats, which could be transformed into fully flat beds, looked less like conventional airplane seats than like oversized wing chairs, each with its own ottoman, dining table, and wood-framed video monitor. (The “wood” was actually a delethalized photographic imitation.) The new seats first flew in 1998. They won many awards and remained in service in their original form for almost a decade. Their successors fly today."
                                http://www.newyorker.com/reporting/2...urrentPage=all

Comment

Working...
                                X