The Final SQ Boeing 747-400 flights - 06 April 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Exotic View Post
    Seems okay now. Got an error message saying the video did not exist yesterday. Well, I wish I was on that flight!
    Not many people got to experience that flight. i was not honoured to experience it too... sadly

looks like the only 747 i will ever take is not in SQ colours

Comment

• Originally posted by JonLee View Post
      Not many people got to experience that flight. i was not honoured to experience it too... sadly
      Actually many people did get to experience the flight, including many from here. It was available for booking for weeks in advance.

Comment

• I am currently sat in the 'outdoor' area of the BA Flounge at T5 LHR watching the aeroplanes take off.

I just saw:

BA 744
        BA 744
        SQ 380
        BA 744

I know those new fat things are more efficient/economical/modern/blah blah blah, but they do not have anything like the grace and character of those great old gaz guzzling girls.....

Comment

• Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
          I am currently sat in the 'outdoor' area of the BA Flounge at T5 LHR watching the aeroplanes take off.

I just saw:

BA 744
          BA 744
          SQ 380
          BA 744

I know those new fat things are more efficient/economical/modern/blah blah blah, but they do not have anything like the grace and character of those great old gaz guzzling girls.....

So are you a fan of the new 748?
          HUGE AL

Comment

• Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post

So are you a fan of the new 748?
            Well it looks a damn sight better than the 380, which has got to be the ugliest passenger aircraft ever built.

It does still turn heads though I have to say. People do point and say 'Ooh look, an A380!'....usually followed by 'Isn't it ugly'.

Comment

Well it looks a damn sight better than the 380, which has got to be the ugliest passenger aircraft ever built.

It does still turn heads though I have to say. People do point and say 'Ooh look, an A380!'....usually followed by 'Isn't it ugly'.
              And in my head, I still refer to the A380 as a whalejet and the B747 as the "Queen of the Skies"

Comment

Ugly means nothing, everyone seems to lovely Shrek!

Comment

• Originally posted by FN-GM View Post
                  Ugly means nothing, everyone seems to lovely Shrek!
                  Translation ?

Comment

• Urgh iPhone typo

Meant to say
                    "Ugly means nothing, everyone seems to love Shrek!"

Shrek meaning the DreamWorks film with the big green ogre. At the time it seemed everyone in the UK was talking about it.

Comment

Urgh iPhone typo

Meant to say
                      "Ugly means nothing, everyone seems to love Shrek!"

Shrek meaning the DreamWorks film with the big green ogre. At the time it seemed everyone in the UK was talking about it.
                      The media loves things like Shrek so much that they LOVE sensationalising the creature's problems.

Comment

Shrek!"
                        Never compared the A380 to Wayne Rooney before, but now you mention it.....

Comment

Never compared the A380 to Wayne Rooney before, but now you mention it.....
                          Ha... Never thought of the comparison between Wayne Rooney and Shrek.....

But I do have to agree about the grace and "class" of the B747 though - the A380 may be a technological marvel, but it just doesn't have that class of TE B747, never will have that class of the B747 and it definitely fails miserably in th looks department! Yes the B747 is and will always be the Queen of The Skies!

Comment

• Originally posted by wlgspotter View Post
                            Yes the B747 is and will always be the Queen of The Skies!
                            Over the ages, people have always had some affinity towards phallic shapes ... and the 747 in particular ...

Comment

But I do have to agree about the grace and "class" of the B747 though - the A380 may be a technological marvel, but it just doesn't have that class of TE B747, never will have that class of the B747 and it definitely fails miserably in th looks department! Yes the B747 is and will always be the Queen of The Skies!
                              By "TE B747" are you referring to the old code for Air New Zealand? Otherwise I agree with you. The 747 remains my favourite aircraft. There truly isn't any other plane like it.

Originally posted by CarbonMan View Post
                              Over the ages, people have always had some affinity towards phallic shapes ... and the 747 in particular ...
                              I used to call it the "camel plane" when I was a kid.

Comment

Yup. No plane will be able to replace the 747. Thank god Qantas is keeping a few of these wonderful planes for quite a long while.

Comment

Working...
                                X