The Final SQ Boeing 747-400 flights - 06 April 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CarbonMan View Post
    Are you referring to this as the Fat Ugly?!? Take a look at this rear view, those curves on the wing, those bulbous engines, not two but four. Reminds me of paints by Beryl Cook. Magnifique!
    I am indeed. There is nothing 'Maginifique' about that aircraft (externally at least) ; it's Fat and it's Ugly.

Comment

• Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
      I am indeed. There is nothing 'Maginifique' about that aircraft (externally at least) ; it's Fat and it's Ugly.

Comment

it's Fat and it's Ugly.
        LOL! I agree with the former but I can't on the latter.

Comment

I suspect that if SQ's former naming regimes had continued into today, the 9V-SK* fleet would be known as the Megatushies.

Imagine those T-shirts in 20+ years:

"Last To Journey, A380 MEGATUSH"

Comment

• 25 April 2012

The past and current backbone of the SQ longhaul fleet

Comment

• Beauty and the beast..

Comment

• Originally posted by milehighj View Post
                The past and current backbone of the SQ longhaul fleet

Very nice shot with all 3 types.

Comment

• Originally posted by SilverChris View Post
                  Beauty and the beast..
                  And what a beautiful beast it is.

Comment

• Farewell B747

Finally watched the documentary - many times over - & wishing that I was in 17 K ( SQ 1 ) & not 11 on the Tues flight .
                    What memories.. My father, I believe , was on that inaugural flight to ' no where '.
                    At least SQ 1 & 2, is a B 777 - a consolation being a Boeing & not the ghastly A 380.
                    My upper deck to lower deck exercise routine is a thing of the past now - unless , of course , SQ seniors come to their good senses , to order the 747 - 8 for passengers before I get too old & can only be on the lower deck ..

Saw the Dreamliner in Renton Field on SeaTac approach last week & same along I - 5. Lovely sight, perhaps the one on the world tour now.
                    Somehow missed the LF 747-8 at Paine field though .
                    Saw the 2 huge DreamLifters side by side.
                    Sorry no camera plus too slow on the iPad 2
                    Last edited by HuskyFlyer; 26 April 2012, 07:20 AM. Reason: Do any of you know how many DreamLifters there are? Was with 3 from Boeing - 2 retired & they weren't sure

Comment

• On A 380 later
                      Awaiting 17 A

Comment

• Originally posted by HuskyFlyer View Post
                        Finally watched the documentary - many times over - & wishing that I was in 17 K ( SQ 1 ) & not 11 on the Tues flight .
                        May I ask what you regret about 11 instead of 17? At present I will be on 16 from Narita and 11 to MEL. Both 77W but flight is a long way away yet.

Comment

• a nice tale of 2 jumbos both for me are great machines human every built, each of them have their own stories and i think its unfair to compare both. 747 for me is pioneer and monumental , A380 is what i call big beauty and powerful LOL.. just my 2 rupiahs.... frankly i only flown with SQ 747 once , it was long back at 1998 somewhere in feb to SIN-TPE-SIN , its so amazing . A380 a few times EYCL and JCL its feel like an apartment flying in the air , ha ha ha..

Comment

• Originally posted by HuskyFlyer View Post
                            On A 380 later
                            Awaiting 17 A
                            Got 17 A
                            It was the new all business upper deck

Comment

• 77W ; 747

Originally posted by SQ218 View Post
                              May I ask what you regret about 11 instead of 17? At present I will be on 16 from Narita and 11 to MEL. Both 77W but flight is a long way away yet.
                              No regrets about 11 on 77W!!
                              It's 17 & on 747 that I miss

Comment

• A380 all bus upper deck

If any consolation , the all bus seat plan allows one to walk the round the deck easily. One can ' circle ' in front of the last row " 96 " passageway & complete the round by the stairs by 11.

This still does not beat the up & down routine of the 747. Sadly done the last time on SIA, 6 Apr .
                                For me, it was heartening to see the SIA Queens at different cities on landing & take off - albeit the cargo version on my recent flights.

Comment

Working...
                                X