The Final SQ Boeing 747-400 flights - 06 April 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CarbonMan View Post
    Excellent pics, Terence. Very well taken! Thanks!
    Originally posted by viraj735 View Post
    Some absolutely superb photos of the cabin crew at work along with great scenes of passengers and crew sharing their stories, the composition of these photos is fabulous. In photo 14, the LS posing with the bottle of DP was for a photo I was taking.
    Thanks for the kind words, guys. Look forward to seeing more TRs and photos from others. Viraj, where are your photos?

These are my favourite photos of the set. I think they sum up why the flight was so enjoyable - because even SQ staff who were paxing and off duty chipped in and made a special effort for the passengers. Kudos to Natalie Neo, Lim Suet Kwee and all the others on the flight!

Comment

• Originally posted by milehighj View Post
      You got that right...
      Originally posted by StarG View Post
      +1!
      Thank You for confirming, my brothers!

Originally posted by nickbot View Post
      Thought you'd like to see this photo from SQ748 - I just wish I were the one who took it

There's room to get that wide of a shot in front of my seat?!?

Originally posted by milehighj View Post
      To think it almost didn't happen. This was the rather distressing info provided by Flightstats.com, while 3 SQTalkers were on the way to HKIA...

Damn Blackberry!

Originally posted by viraj735 View Post
      P.S. Paging HUGE AL! One of the LS' told me that over 30 bottles of Krug and Dom Perignon were loaded on the flight!
      hahahahaha Yes, yes...I know that despite my hatred of that old bird, I will be living with the ribbing for missing one of the best parties among some of the best people I know.
      HUGE AL

Comment

• Originally posted by TFSQ View Post
        Hihi, I am new to SQTalk, and wanted to share some photos from SQ 748 last Friday:
        http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...1&l=ce74569c3c
        One of the nicest collections of photos I've seen

Thanks for the memories

I look forward to participating more on SQTalk in the future!
        Yes please!

Comment

• whos the lady in the extreme left? looks jap but is local i think?
          remembered she gave out some stickers and decals

Comment

• Originally posted by milehighj View Post
            Thanks. Nice to see footage of the pushback and takeoff from HKG.
            And Sam Chui is in there too somewhere between 59.00 and 1.05.

Comment

• Originally posted by choonhong View Post
              whos the lady in the extreme left? looks jap but is local i think?
              remembered she gave out some stickers and decals
              That is Lim Suet Kwee, the Singapore Girl whose likeness is at Madame Tussaud's

There's a thread dedicated to her and a YouTube clip on SQTalk

Besides, Suet Kwee, there were also Natalie Neo and Aleem Ibrahim, both of whom you can see in the group pic, and they all are featured in interviews in The B747 Farewell documentary
              Le jour de Saint Eugène, en traversant la Calle Mayor...

Comment

• Rather amused to see I got a higher PPSV for SIN-HKG and HKG-SIN than my recent LHR-SIN in Suites.

Originally posted by B727 View Post
                That is Lim Suet Kwee, the Singapore Girl whose likeness is at Madame Tussaud's

There's a thread dedicated to her and a YouTube clip on SQTalk

Besides, Suet Kwee, there were also Natalie Neo and Aleem Ibrahim, both of whom you can see in the group pic, and they all are featured in interviews in The B747 Farewell documentary
                I don't think choonhong is talking about Suet, I thought they were talking about the younger lady to her right ?.

I wouldn't say her 'likeness' is at Madame Tussauds's, she is at Madame Tussauds!. You must have got the post card of them both side by side, some people couldn't tell whether the real one was on the left or right.

Comment

• Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                  I don't think choonhong is talking about Suet, I thought they were talking about the younger lady to her right ?.
                  Ah, oui? In that case, that younger lady next to Suet is Charlotte.

She and her colleague (whose name escapes me at the moment) were the ones running around the flight taking care of logistics and service gaps including taking care of pax who were missing goodie bags, taking bingo winners upstairs upon landing to visit the cockpit, etc

On SQ 748, upon take-off, these two ladies were seated in 23 E & F, to the left of Mrs I who was in 23 D. Although, they pretty much left and never returned to their seats after take off as they were busy going about their duties throughout the entire return flight. When Mr M stopped by to chat with us, he hovered over that middle section of row 23 and I jokingly told him that is the new SQ C-class bar/social area

I did receive the photo of Suet and her likeness posing side by side. Thanks to Mrs I who was the de facto SIA "ambassador" seated in the lower deck C cabin

Comment

• Originally posted by 9V-SIA View Post
                    One of the nicest collections of photos I've seen

Thanks for the memories
                    Thanks. Wish I had taken more photos of the crew. Next time..!

Originally posted by B727 View Post
                    She and her colleague (whose name escapes me at the moment) were the ones running around the flight taking care of logistics and service gaps including taking care of pax who were missing goodie bags, taking bingo winners upstairs upon landing to visit the cockpit, etc
                    Is her colleague in the last row of the group photo? On the left of Natalie Neo (as seen from our view)?

Comment

• Originally posted by TFSQ View Post
                      Is her colleague in the last row of the group photo? On the left of Natalie Neo (as seen from our view)?
                      No, that's not her. It was a lady with a short bob and wearing glasses who was working in tandem with Charlotte. These two ladies get my kudos as they were busy the entire duration of the two flights, darting upstairs and downstairs and from one end of the plane to the other fulfilling their duties

Comment

• Originally posted by B727 View Post
                        No, that's not her. It was a lady with a short bob and wearing glasses who was working in tandem with Charlotte. These two ladies get my kudos as they were busy the entire duration of the two flights, darting upstairs and downstairs and from one end of the plane to the other fulfilling their duties
                        Ah yes, I do remember. They were moving non-stop.

Comment

• My last pictures of the Megatop (at gate 25 of HKIA).

Comment

• Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post
                            There's room to get that wide of a shot in front of my seat?!?
                            That ain't your seat dude. That's 2D. The cameraman was standing on your seat...

Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post
                            hahahahaha Yes, yes...I know that despite my hatred of that old bird, I will be living with the ribbing for missing one of the best parties among some of the best people I know.
                            We'll let you forget when they retire the A380s...

Comment

• Originally posted by StarG View Post
                              My last pictures of the Megatop (at gate 25 of HKIA).
                              Great pics, StarG.

Comment

• Originally posted by StarG View Post
                                My last pictures of the Megatop (at gate 25 of HKIA).
                                Great pics StarG

Comment

Working...
                                X