No announcement yet.

The Final SQ Boeing 747-400 flights - 06 April 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• viraj735, were you that tall Indian passenger with glasses?

Comment

• Originally posted by SilverChris View Post
      viraj735, were you that tall Indian passenger with glasses?
      No, that was ek&sq

I'll be sure to upload pictures later!
      The world's too large a place not to go wandering.

Comment

• Originally posted by viraj735 View Post
        It was great to meet many SQTalk celebrities such as MAN Flyer, Nick C, LionCity among numerous others that i'm sure will pop into my head.

P.S. Paging HUGE AL! One of the LS' told me that over 30 bottles of Krug and Dom Perignon were loaded on the flight!
        Nice to meet you too.

I hope Mr M keeps his promise. I will readily fly in for the STC visit.

I had a benefit of sitting next to a retired SQ Capt on SQ748. Had a really good chat with him about the airline's history. Will share more of that in my TR.

Comment

• These were what some of us had in F until...

Appetizers :

Soup:

Salad:

Main:

Dessert:

Cheeses ... well by this time, it seemed like everyone in F decided it was better to just continue with our party and kept the bubbly and the liquid flowing.

Comment

• A visit to the crew bunk courtesy of the wonderful IFS

1st ever experience for me and totally enjoyed it.

Can anyone point out what was wrong with the way this bunk had been arranged?

Comment

• Hi Guys,

I didn't get to talk to some of you since I was down the back, but it was great meeting the few of you I did. SQTalk, without a doubt, has an incredibly vibrant, passionate and energetic community.

I wasn't planning to be on SQ748, but I decided to join Viraj735 at the last minute, and I'm so glad (and lucky) I did. I've flown on many 747s, but this was my first time on one of SQ's.. and boy, will I cherish the memory forever.

As my well travelled seat mate said: In 25 years, a kid who loves airplanes will run up to you, eyes gleaming, and say, "You flew a 747?!", and we'll all be able to say "Yep", because we are a part of history.

Here's to the 747.

Comment

• Originally posted by StarG View Post
                Video of the final landing of Singapore Airlines Boeing 747-400 Megatop - 06 April 2012.

CLICK "I AGREE" TO WATCH THE VIDEO

IMPORTANT NOTICE:
                No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.
                I AGREE
                The last time I heard clapping on landing was about 15 years ago on a flight from Puerto Rico to NY. Thanks, StarG. Either you had a cam with great image stabilization or the landing was perfect!

Comment

• Love the pics UMD

Originally posted by UMD View Post

F pillow?

Comment

• Hey guys, am back after a year of hiatus.....

Thanks for the video and short reports on SQ748. I cried myself to sleep on 6th April. I was initially supposed to be on the flight but was told to work last minute......Surprisingly, I was still able to see ticket being sold the day before. Judging by its commemoration, I would have thought it should have be sold out.

Writing this post makes me wanna cry again.....

Comment

• Hi guys, this is my mini trip report on SQ's farewell flight on board 9V-SPQ (SIN-HKG sector Part 1)

Hope you guys will enjoy it.

http://charlesryan77w.blogspot.com/2...ss-boeing.html

My part 2 should be coming up soon.

Comment

• I was on SQ747 in 3F, it was such a fun experience from the tour to the flight!

Great to meet some SQTalkers for the first time too.

We had some characters on board which made it one big party, I had to have stealthy cups of tea to keep up (lounge breakfast was a godsend as well).

Pics will be coming!

Comment

• Originally posted by UMD View Post

its actually bellow the lavatory...

Comment

• Originally posted by Handiman View Post
                            its actually bellow the lavatory...
                            I slept on this bed before.

Comment

• "Without You" (David Guetta/Usher) and "Glad You Came" were played during boarding. Stuck in my mind and remind me of the events.

Comment

• Originally posted by StarG View Post
                                "Glad You Came" were played during boarding. Stuck in my mind and remind me of the events.
                                All together now!

The sun goes down
                                The stars come out
                                And all that counts is here and now
                                My universe
                                Will never be the same
                                I'm glad you came
                                I'm glad you came

Le jour de Saint Eugène, en traversant la Calle Mayor...

Comment

Working...
                                X