No announcement yet.

The Final SQ Boeing 747-400 flights - 06 April 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thought you'd like to see this photo from SQ748 - I just wish I were the one who took it

Comment

• Nickbot, the best photo by far

Comment

• Wow!!! Thanks nickbot
        Last edited by 9V-SIA; 7 April 2012, 07:24 PM.

Comment

• Great pic

Comment

• Thanks guys, just lucky to have the right connection

Comment

• Video of the final landing of Singapore Airlines Boeing 747-400 Megatop - 06 April 2012.

CLICK "I AGREE" TO WATCH THE VIDEO

IMPORTANT NOTICE:
              No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.
              I AGREE

Comment

• Lovely shot

Comment

• I love you B747 Papa Quebec!

On April 6, I honored you by wearing my PuaAloha shirt that you have seen me adorn whenever we were together, from London to Sydney, and all the places we have been reunited ever since you left me in Honolulu in 92

You have always done right by me down to the karmic kodak moment

I know you will still go All Around The World in your next incarnation, my Mo'i Wahine O Kalani, my Queen Of The Skies. A hui hou e malama pono, until we meet again, take care
                  Le jour de Saint Eugène, en traversant la Calle Mayor...

Comment

• To think it almost didn't happen. This was the rather distressing info provided by Flightstats.com, while 3 SQTalkers were on the way to HKIA...

Comment

• Originally posted by StarG View Post
                      Video of the final landing of Singapore Airlines Boeing 747-400 Megatop - 06 April 2012.

Comment

• Originally posted by nickbot View Post
                        Thought you'd like to see this photo from SQ748 - I just wish I were the one who took it

post deleted
                        Last edited by SQtraveller; 20 August 2017, 05:03 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by nickbot View Post
                          Bravo, SPQ! You made one of the best and the smoothest landings on your final voyage.

Comment

• Priceless shot

Comment

• Originally posted by B727 View Post
                              I love you B747 Papa Quebec!

On April 6, I honored you by wearing my PuaAloha shirt that you have seen me adorn whenever we were together, from London to Sydney, and all the places we have been reunited ever since you left me in Honolulu in 92

You have always done right by me down to the karmic kodak moment

I know you will still go All Around The World in your next incarnation, my Mo'i Wahine O Kalani, my Queen Of The Skies. A hui hou e malama pono, until we meet again, take care
                              I speak on behalf of my Dad when I say it was a pleasure to meet you, B727.

I recall you wearing that beautiful shirt, love the vibrant colours which seem very fitting for Honolulu! I wish that our beloved Queen of the skies still served such exotic destinations.

It was great to meet many SQTalk celebrities such as MAN Flyer, Nick C, LionCity among numerous others that i'm sure will pop into my head.

It was also an honour to meet and receive praise from Mr. Mak Swee Wah (remebered me as the youngest UM on the inaugural SIN-EWR flight, I was 9!) and Mr. Ionides.

I have been extremely privileged to be able to experience travelling as often as I do, that too in premium classes from time to time but nothing has ever come close to the experience of SQ 748, a flight I am sure I will remember for the rest of my life. (and in 8GB worth of photos!) The party atmosphere, friendliness and emotions, I've spent all day pinching myself, I still can't believe that happened!

The emotions last night were unbelievable from the whining of the engines at takeoff to the silence and applause at landing with tears in my eyes, hearing those engines power down for the final time followed by the reluctant exit of passengers. Most of us in the upper deck waited for the pilots to open the cockpit door upon which they received a deserved standing ovation, a lot of us were lucky enough to get shots of the flight deck.

Personal highlights:

Prior to 9/11: I remember tugging at my Dad's arm before boarding a BKK bound SQ 747 from the E gates of T2 and asking "Will I get to sit upstairs on the jumbo?" I got a surprise offer to visit the flight deck during that flight and that dream came true last summer on SQ26 and 25.

I remember flying over Australia, out of MEL obviously (back in mid 2000's) and looking out the window and seeing the blue and orange winglet over the sunbeaten red Earth of the Australian outback.

Though I have been upgraded to F on the old 773 to BOM, we received the J meals. My first (and only) true F class experience was on SQ12/11 a couple of summers ago on SQ12 and 11 as a reward for my 95% exam results.

Being 17, I've grown up on board the SIA 744's and will dearly miss them. Thanks to all that made the experience extra special, hope to catch up again sometime soon.

P.S. Paging HUGE AL! One of the LS' told me that over 30 bottles of Krug and Dom Perignon were loaded on the flight!
                              Last edited by viraj735; 7 April 2012, 11:34 PM.
                              The world's too large a place not to go wandering.

Comment

• Wow sounds like you all gave the grand Queen of the skies a great send off. very jealous that I could not join you

Comment

Working...
                                X