How Can I Stay Mad at them?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Can I Stay Mad at them?

Hi everyone. Good morning and a warm greeting from the Revivals at LHR. Just fininshed showering and relaxing comfortably after the long stint onboard SQ322. The 5th sector (2nd to last sector) of my 6 sectors on this FRWSTAR2 trip. Four of which were on SQ F and have been completed.

It was just recently on how outraged we we were including myself of SQ's descision to convert PPS from a sector/mileage thing to a $$$ value system. We were all lamenting on how SQ does not value us any longer and how such was a slap in the face, etc. Well to be honest with everyone, no matter how pissed off I am with the PPS change, there is no denying that when I am onboard a Golden Bird Metal in F, it is just impossible to stay mad.

Four sectors going NRT-SIN-AKL-SIN-LHR for this trip and the experiences could not have been better. Service and catering were at the usual high level of standard. On the just completed SIN-LHR, my GF and I purchased the snoring Pig for her niece (who's family reside with us under the same roof) through the recommendations of may SQTalkers which we had been planning all the way prior to this trip. When we explained to the LS that this was for someone special we love, she goes even further to offer us Mr. Kristoff teddy bear as a COMPLEMENTARY to our purchase of the pig. Wow! We intended for only one gift and now we have two. Her 3-year old niece I am confident will be one happy little girl when she sees it one day from today and all thanks to SQ because of this.

So one can vent all they want towards PPS, but when it boils down to the bottom line of onboard services and pampering (at least on my side), SQ is quite clever in switching that face into a face. Anyways to put things into simple perspective, PPS has gone down the tubes but I am happy to report that inflight services and products have not. And this is basically what I will fly SQ for - the experience not the loyalty program.

So maybe I guess SQ believes it can afford this reshaping of the PPS criteria as it's strong onboard product will more than enough make up for it?

Just my 2 cents. Now time for us to exit and head over to our hotel!
    Last edited by Rejuvenated; 14 April 2007, 03:08 PM.
    My Past, Present, Future Flights (Flights from March 2007 to Present to Future)

Very nicely argued, Rejuvenated.

I agree with your conclusion that when convenience and pricing are roughly equal, SQ's offering will probably tip my travel towards them -- particularly since I can bank with another FFP that enables me to enjoy the rewards of *G.

The main consideration I would add is that SQ's actions now create greater elasticity at the margins: i.e., those trips when SQ is even slightly more inconvenient or more expensive. The decisions at those moments, which used to go in SQ's favor as regular customers felt their loyalty valued, might this time tip against SQ. For some customers, the elastic behavior might even extend to the core comparison set (the set of trips where the convenience and price are roughly equal). If these customers need to maintain a valuable tier in some other (non-KF partner) FFP, they just might switch some of the equally convenient / equally pricey options to an airline using that FFP.

You're right about one thing: for quite a number of us, the number of SQ flights isn't going to shrink all the way to zero.

Hope you and your gf have a wonderful stay in London (it's going to be nice weather this weekend!). Your niece will love the gifts: my niece couldn't be separated from it that tummy the entire weekend I was in Singapore.
    ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

but when it boils down to the bottom line of onboard services and pampering (at least on my side), SQ is quite clever in switching that face into a face. Anyways to put things into simple perspective, PPS has gone down the tubes but I am happy to report that inflight services and products have not. And this is basically what I will fly SQ for - the experience not the loyalty program.
      Very true...SQ has in my case, 99% of the time made me feel at home whilst onboard. Esp in the premium classes

Comment

Working...
      X