X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thanks jjteo, yea hope that status doesnt matter as im only *A Silver

Comment

Originally posted by milehighj View Post
      Spend a little time reading this board. You might have a few epiphanies.
      +100.....

Just dig a little deeper on this board. Your friend is out of depth in this crowd. to put it analogously in tennis your friend would get a 6-0,6-1,6-0 thrashing when it comes to travel knowledge with some folk here.

Comment

Ok to put this thing to rest :

Most fares do NOT have residency restrictions - the only ones i can think of at the top of my head are some Peruvian, Chilean and Brazilian local fares that require some proof before purchase anyway ( like a Brazilian CPF number ). Otherwise you're good to go.

However do NOT do the stupid thing as nick C says - do not skip the first sector, or all other sectors WILL be auto cancelled. They MUST be used in the order ticketed. Last sector throwaways however are a different story. Technically speaking the airline is entitled to refare it without the last sector and issue an ADC (additional collect) notice to you however in practice it never happens.

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
          Ok to put this thing to rest :

Most fares do NOT have residency restrictions - the only ones i can think of at the top of my head are some Peruvian, Chilean and Brazilian local fares that require some proof before purchase anyway ( like a Brazilian CPF number ). Otherwise you're good to go.
          In rare cases, TG has some domestic fares that only go to those who are members of the kingdom. Sometimes they call them 'Loving Thai' fares or something to that effect.

How you go about getting one, however, involves alot of hoop-jumping-through as it's wont to be...

Remind me never to play tennis with you, lol

Comment

Us BA travellers do flights from Amsterdam via London rather than starting in London all the time.

For example, AMS-LHR-SIN-LHR-AMS on BA in J is £2,200 vs. £3,200 for LHR-SIN-LHR, a saving of around SG$ 2k.

If travelling from London, it means you need to buy a LHR-AMS-LHR to 'surround' your trip in order to 'position' for the flight, as if you don't fly the AMS-LHR portion BA will cancel all your subsequent flights on that booking.

Fortunately the turnaround in AMS is pretty seamless, especially now you don't even have to clear security, you just arrive into the departure gate area for your return flight.

Comment

ok thanks SQflyergirl, Kyo & BahrainLad. Had a very good sleep from the assurance i got from everyone.

Kyo: i'll play standing on one leg

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
                Last sector throwaways however are a different story. Technically speaking the airline is entitled to refare it without the last sector and issue an ADC (additional collect) notice to you however in practice it never happens.
                Addition: If it's a mistake/ridiculously inexpensive fare don't trash the last sector, have the airline pull it, and ruin it for the rest of us.
                HUGE AL

Comment

Working...
                X