Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A380 survey

Hey all,

I need advice or rather your views... I am doing a project on the new A380 or the whalejet as you guys call it. A marcom course project.

Wanted to know how excited are you over this a/c.. Seems to me that sq's not creating too much hype over it, considering that it should be coming in oct/nov.. Plus i tried to go in their 380 site, and other than the specs, it wasn't very exciting. What you think would make the whole First to Fly more interesting?

Please let me pick your brains..............
    Last edited by KeithMEL; 14 April 2007, 12:16 AM. Reason: dupe posts merged

Hello butters, welcome to SQTalk.

I think the reason SQ are keeping a low profile over the A380 now is that they made a big song and dance about it a while ago, putting up posters and sending out merchandise with the slogan ' First to Fly.... in 2006', and were made to look a bit silly when the aircraft never arrived.

I think they probably still don't trust Airbus over this and are waiting until they know for certain they will get them. I also think the massive problems over the whole episode has made the aircraft lose it's Mojo somewhat.

Comment

Originally posted by butters View Post
      Hi all, I need some help. I'm doing a project on the A380..

What are your thoughts? May I pick your brains please.....
      butters, a warm welcome to SQT and what does your project entail?

Comment

Hey butters - welcome to SQTalk! For housekeeping purposes all comments made in response to your survey have been consolidated into this thread.
        Last edited by KeithMEL; 14 April 2007, 12:23 AM.
        All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Welcome to SQ Talk, butters!
          And like what Man Flyer mentioned, the problem is that the timeline could slip again and SQ would look silly once again. They used to have the playing cards that went "First to fly" and even competitions that gave you a chance to be one of the first to fly the A380.

Comment

I am sure when we get nearer to October and SQ are 100% sure that they will start operating the A380 we will see a gearing up of the "first to fly" campaign. However as the new seats have now been shown on the 77W a lot of the excitment has gone so I doubt that we will see a campaign on the same scale as was planned for the 2006 launch.

Comment

Thanks for the welcome... Project is to do a marcom plan, to promote the arrival of the a/c...

I guess I just want to find out whats the general feeling you have about the A380.. Are you excited that its finally arriving(hopefully theres no more delays)?

Also would anyone know whether there would be any new products unveiling with the a/c? Cos everything's been introduced on 77W, like you say.....

Also what do you guys feel about the new PPS qualification changes.. Do you feel short-changed? Like they don't appreciate you anymore?

And SQ not gonna accept anymore LPPS anymore?

Comment

Thanks for the welcome... Project is to do a marcom plan, to promote the arrival of the a/c...

I guess I just want to find out whats the general feeling you have about the A380.. Are you excited that its finally arriving(hopefully theres no more delays)?

Also would anyone know whether there would be any new products unveiling with the a/c? Cos everything's been introduced on 77W, like you say.....

Also what do you guys feel about the new PPS qualification changes.. Do you feel short-changed? Like they don't appreciate you anymore?

And SQ not gonna accept anymore LPPS anymore?
                marcom? I am guessing here: marketing comparison?

Is the project for a school? for a company?
                Maybe you could create an online survey form and we can help...but it's gonna cost you 25 pps sectors

Comment

butters, in the interest of making the forum more user-friendly and the discussions easier to follow, it might be better to keep one topic per thread.

The answers to your questions about the recent PPS changes are in a stickied (and quite lengthy) thread at the top of the KrisFlyer & PPS Club forum. I think you'll find that the reactions expressed there will respond to your questions.
                  ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Its a uni project..

Ok no mention of pps changes here whatsoever...

How about telling me whether you are excited about the A380 finally arriving.. And if you are, what are you looking forward to the most about the a/c?

Sure, 25 pps sectors is not a prob if they are transferable...

Comment

Ok no mention of pps changes here whatsoever...
                      Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
                      The answers to your questions about the recent PPS changes are in a stickied (and quite lengthy) thread at the top of the KrisFlyer & PPS Club forum. I think you'll find that the reactions expressed there will respond to your questions.
                      HINT: move your cursor over the only words with the bold underlined italicized font, and then click.
                      ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Got it.......

I meant i wont mention anything about pps here.. so that there will be one topic per thread..

Comment

Originally posted by Lobster View Post
                          However as the new seats have now been shown on the 77W a lot of the excitment has gone so I doubt that we will see a campaign on the same scale as was planned for the 2006 launch.

Wrong. The J seats have been introduced, but the F seats are supposed to be totally new and I am sure a lot of the announcement excitement will be about the new first class for which greedy SQ will want even more money!

Comment

Working...
                          X