Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cheaper to upgrade during check-in at the airport?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheaper to upgrade during check-in at the airport?

Is it true that it will be cheaper to upgrade during checkin from economy to biz rather than doing it before hand?

Nope same price, the difference between your ticket and the published Business Class fare

Comment

Originally posted by E-Aviation View Post
      Nope same price, the difference between your ticket and the published Business Class fare
      That's because it's SIA right? I heard BA, Virgin America charges much less for upgrade during check in than if u do it before hand.

Comment

Originally posted by reddevil0728 View Post
        Is it true that it will be cheaper to upgrade during checkin from economy to biz rather than doing it before hand?
        Some airlines sells last minute discount upgrades at airport. Not SQ.

Comment

I asked the lady in TG Singapore Office. She told me the upgrade in the airport is on On-Request basis or something. It is per sector basis. And if I remember correctly the per sector is like USD250.

I am not sure if this is the same for all sectors, but I was asking about SIN-BKK-TPE.

So in this case, I will have to pay 4xUSD250 = USD 1,000 and no guarantee. I have to keep asking in each point, i.e. at SIN for SIN-BKK and once I arrive BKK then I will have to ask for BKK-TPE.

Knowing the SIN-BKK-TPE on Biz is only around SGD1,600, I do no think worth to pay that USD1,000 which is around SGD 1,200-1,300
          visit my blog

Comment

Originally posted by lingua101 View Post
            I asked the lady in TG Singapore Office. She told me the upgrade in the airport is on On-Request basis or something. It is per sector basis. And if I remember correctly the per sector is like USD250.

I am not sure if this is the same for all sectors, but I was asking about SIN-BKK-TPE.

So in this case, I will have to pay 4xUSD250 = USD 1,000 and no guarantee. I have to keep asking in each point, i.e. at SIN for SIN-BKK and once I arrive BKK then I will have to ask for BKK-TPE.

Knowing the SIN-BKK-TPE on Biz is only around SGD1,600, I do no think worth to pay that USD1,000 which is around SGD 1,200-1,300
            Digressing.. just did the SIN-BKK-TPE sector a couple of weeks back. While the business fare is ridiculously low, just bear in mind that the BKK-TPE sector is run by the regional cradle-type (read: OLD) seats on their a330...

Comment

Originally posted by metcalve View Post
              Digressing.. just did the SIN-BKK-TPE sector a couple of weeks back. While the business fare is ridiculously low, just bear in mind that the BKK-TPE sector is run by the regional cradle-type (read: OLD) seats on their a330...
              yup, i know the economy got no Personal TV. That's why I was asking how much to upgrade to Biz Class. At least the Biz Class has PTV.

I have noticed on some day they are using A330 instead of A333 for BKK-TPE sectors.
              visit my blog

Comment

TG636 is supposed to be new A330 config
                My SQ and flying Videos: Youtube My Travel Blog: AussieFlyer.net

Comment

But if flying TG J on a regional flight, you might come across a sleeping pursor whilst sitting in J, is it really worth risking your hard earned to be faced with such a sight

please do be aware that my tongue is firmly held in cheek with this above forementioned comment

Comment

Working...
                  X