Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SIN-BKK, TG or SQ business ??

Hi All members,

Should i take TG business or SQ business to BKK.

hope to get some advice from you guys.

thanks.

I believe I'm part of a minority on this forum that finds the old business class seats on the 772's to be extremely comfortable for short flights such as the BKK hop. I also find SQ's catering and service to be far superior to that of TG's. Just my $0.02

Enjoy your flight
    The world's too large a place not to go wandering.

Comment

SQ aircrafts park very close to the immigration counters... whereas on TG, you're at their mercy as to where they will park and then it will be along trek to the immigration.

You can also BTC with SQ.

Comment

Why not redeem an award and mix both carriers:

I usually fly out on SQ, do book the cook and don't mind the old seat.

Return I fly on TG, enjoy the flat bed for a nap and skip dinner.

Perfect

Well, not as perfect as it used to be with Swiss in First Class but still ;-)

Comment

I agree with SMK77. Take both and compare and let us know!

Comment

Originally posted by Guy Betsy View Post
            SQ aircrafts park very close to the immigration counters... whereas on TG, you're at their mercy as to where they will park and then it will be along trek to the immigration.

You can also BTC with SQ.
            Errr ...Guy, I don't think that's standard operating procedure. There have been quite a few occasions when I've had to do a walking tour of half the breadth of T3.

Comment

yeah when flying into Singapore even when with SQ you can end up walking for a good 5-10 mins to get to immigration

Comment

Take the one that has the best timing that suits you. It's an hour 45 minutes on the clock, and doesn't really matter to be honest. Every single KUL-BKK-KUL or SIN-BKK-SIN i've ever taken is generally unmemorable.

Comment

If it's only one-way to BKK (the OP doesn't state it's a return) and timings didn't matter, I'd fly SQ so I don't have to trek so far to the gate from the far superior SKL J.

Ex-SIN, SQ but ex-BKK, TG by a country mile... TG BKK Fast track alone is worth it.

SMK77: I loved LX F on that route, then they yanked it very, very shortly after I flew it. Kindly use your HON status to tell them to reinstate it, please.

Comment

thanks guys for the info.

i am planning to take flight out from sg in the morning...before 10am

return from bkk ard late noon...between 3-5 pm flight

Comment

I would take SQ from SIN (better lounge here in SIN, BTC, better service I think). On the way back I would definitely take TG as separate check in & separate security & immigration plus 30min massage at Royal Orchid Spa).

Comment

For the food, I will choose TG. The TG boarding pass can be used on SKL T3 or T2.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post

SMK77: I loved LX F on that route, then they yanked it very, very shortly after I flew it. Kindly use your HON status to tell them to reinstate it, please.

The only way that LX is coming back to SIN is flying ZRH-SIN. They will never do BKK-SIN again, I am afraid...

Comment

good....i think maybe i might be trying TG...........???? haha

Comment

Working...
                            X