Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help: Understanding fare rules/price

Hi,

Can anyone explain the possible outcome for a ticket class/price I have pending from SQ (I will not get answer until Monday as local ticketing office closed weekends... and the PPS number in Singapore cannot advise local prices)?

My problem is I have an itinerary with 4 sectors, the 1st, 3rd and 4th sectors are confirmed in P booking class, however 2nd sector only available in R booking class - does this mean all sectors default to R booking class (and price)? I ask as sectors 1 and 4 don't have the R cabin (only F)?

My basic understanding was the entire inbound or outbound sectors have to be the same booking class, for example outbound in P booking class, and inbound in J booking class?

Not sure if I make myself clear...! Any help appreciated

I can't speak for your country's ticketing rules, but from my understanding, in the country I am based in: if S1 is booked in P and S2 in R (both sectors outbound), you will be charged R for the outbound. Booking class can be P and R - that's no problem.

Comment

I have a question on fare rules as well, but this is somewhat of an emergency. I bought a discounted ticket that cannot be changed online to and from the UK. I have also maxed out the stay period this ticket is eligible for. Alas, Heathrow will be going on strike on the day of my flight. Will I still be able to change my departure date to later than 30 November to avoid this disruption - if it is indeed disrupted?

Comment

Originally posted by EWR View Post
        ....Will I still be able to change my departure date to later than 30 November to avoid this disruption - if it is indeed disrupted?
        If your flight is cancelled, you can be rebooked for next day or even a few days later irrespective of fare rules. During strike, Heathrow expects to be able to handle 50% of normal load; not all flights will be cancelled, mostly will be delays. They usually cancel more short haul flights and give priorities to long haul flights. Where is your flight to?

Comment

Originally posted by AsiaCommuter View Post
          ...My problem is I have an itinerary with 4 sectors, the 1st, 3rd and 4th sectors are confirmed in P booking class, however 2nd sector only available in R booking class - does this mean all sectors default to R booking class (and price)? I ask as sectors 1 and 4 don't have the R cabin (only F)?...
          Need to know your O/D and fare to give a definitive answer. Generally, if P fare can be combined with R fare, you can have R/P combo fare; if not, you need to purchase R fare.

Comment

Originally posted by TerryK View Post
            If your flight is cancelled, you can be rebooked for next day or even a few days later irrespective of fare rules. During strike, Heathrow expects to be able to handle 50% of normal load; not all flights will be cancelled, mostly will be delays. They usually cancel more short haul flights and give priorities to long haul flights. Where is your flight to?
            My flight is to Singapore. The announcement says the situation is fluid and customers are advised to rebook if they are flying between 29 November - 1 December

Comment

Originally posted by EWR View Post
              My flight is to Singapore. The announcement says the situation is fluid and customers are advised to rebook if they are flying between 29 November - 1 December
              Looks like SQ issued a waiver for your flight. You should be able to reschedule it to 02-Dec-11 without penalty. I think there is a good chance that your flight will operate, albeit with delays.

Comment

I think there is a waiver indeed. I will report on the issue in days to come. I'd rather fly later than be faced with delays at LHR T3!

Comment

changed my flight to another (later) date (Dec 2) without penalties. check in was smooth and lines were rather short at all points.

Comment

Working...
                  X