SQ SIN Catering Thinks I am an IDIOT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SQ SIN Catering Thinks I am an IDIOT

I was taking the flight to CGK this past weekend. I had BTC rack of lamb for my lunch. The usual BTC will look like this:

Roast rack of lamb with mint jus, mesclun salad, and thyme-flavoured gratin potatoes

But, for this flight, one of the option of main courses was:

Roasted herb crusted lamb chops served with pommery mustard suce, roasted vegetables and gratin potato.

And guess what? I was told my BTC was loaded, but what did I get? The lamb from the menu. Hello??????? I have ordered many times this BTC, and ex-SIN the rack of lamb will not be crusted style. Mesclun salad is definitely not roasted vegetables.
    A cut back by SQ, ladies and gentlemen?
    Last edited by CGK; 9 April 2007, 04:06 PM. Reason: Will add the picture later for the BTC I was served.

Originally posted by CGK View Post
    I was told my BTC was loaded, but what did I get? The lamb from the menu.
    Sounds like a mistake by the cabin crew, i.e. perhaps your BTC lamb was loaded but the crew just thought lamb and gave you the menu item ?

Comment

SQ does not love you anymore
      There's only One way to fly.... SINGAPORE AIRLINES!
      If SQ is too expensive, the other way to fly is Qatar Airways

Comment

Good you called them on the switcheroo, CGK. I bet they were surprised you could produce evidence that they committed it!

I'm hoping this wasn't an isolated instance of sloppy service.
        ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

This is what served as BTC for my SIN-CGK lunch

You can compare with picture in post 1. The crusted lamb doesn't look good. The mesclun salad is replaced by roasted vehetables (artichoke and red bellpepper). Potato gratin looks different to me as well.

Comment

I also ordered this BTC (albeit in C, so it was lamb chops) on a SIN-CGK flight last week. Was very different from the description, no mesclun salad, and the potato gratin was replaced by mashed potato But it was rather good, so no complaints here

Comment

Originally posted by SQ168 View Post
              ..., so no complaints here
              Please don't get me wrong! I don't complaint. I am just observing what happens during my travel on SQ.

Comment

Please don't get me wrong! I don't complaint. I am just observing what happens during my travel on SQ.
                oh no, I actually didn't think you were complaining at all As a matter of fact, I'm a fan of your little observations, they make me look forward to my next SQ flights even more

Comment

I am trying to find pictures of my lamb chops BTC in C.. but could not find it. Looks like your BTC was switched to the regular menu as well... (happened to me couple months ago when flying C to BKK)

Comment

I am trying to find pictures of my lamb chops BTC in C.. but could not find it. Looks like your BTC was switched to the regular menu as well... (happened to me couple months ago when flying C to BKK)
                    That could well be the case, although there was no lamb chops on the regular menu on that flight. But when I took a SIN-CGK flight the week before, there was a lamb chops option whose description sounded suspiciously similar to the "BTC" lamb chops that I had.

Comment

Note to self:
                      Another BTC rack of lamb for my end of the month trip.

Comment

Note to self:
                        Another BTC rack of lamb for my end of the month trip.
                        While you're waiting, here was mine on Monday

Cheers, Howard

Comment

Thank you!
                          That's the BTC rack of lamb that I have known! Thus, indeed on my SIN-CGK, I was not dreaming talking about unusual BTC served. Hopefully the FAs and few SKL staff read this thread, and would not think I had too much Krug!

Comment

Working...
                          X