Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SQ's lost mojo - overdue for a good rant!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let's rant about the latest SQ's customer service in the lounge...

I was at T2 SilverKris lounge waiting for my flight to SGN earlier this week and realized that I could have got the staff to request for my preferred seats for my next trip to DEL. So, on I went to the customer service counter where the lounge male dragon sat and the conversation went on like this:

UMD: Hello, can you help me with a seat request for my flight to DEL next week?

SK Staff: You should call SQ reservation yourself.

UMD: I probably should but I am just wondering if you could help me here.

SK Staff: Call SQ reservation because that's what I would do anyway if you ask me to do it for you.

Me....so fed up after that and just walked away. Never has this happened to me before at the SilverKris Lounge. The sad thing was that he was just sitting there having a conversation with his colleague.

Comment

Let's rant about the latest SQ's customer service in the lounge...

---deleted---- double posting.

Comment

I am in the lounge again now and guess what....no ice cream for today because they said they had run out of it.

Comment

Originally posted by UMD View Post
          I was at T2 SilverKris lounge waiting for my flight to SGN earlier this week and realized that I could have got the staff to request for my preferred seats for my next trip to DEL. So, on I went to the customer service counter where the lounge male dragon sat and the conversation went on like this
          Is this the counter in the middle of the lounge entrance or the one in the customer service office to the right (dunno if that's under renovation along with the F lounge, haven't had a reason to go in there in a while)?
          Le jour de Saint Eugène, en traversant la Calle Mayor...

Comment

SK Staff: Call SQ reservation because that's what I would do anyway if you ask me to do it for you.

Me....so fed up after that and just walked away. Never has this happened to me before at the SilverKris Lounge. The sad thing was that he was just sitting there having a conversation with his colleague.
            Thumbs down. Some front line staffs are just so un-customer service oriented.

Comment

Originally posted by B727 View Post
              Is this the counter in the middle of the lounge entrance or the one in the customer service office to the right (dunno if that's under renovation along with the F lounge, haven't had a reason to go in there in a while)?
              It is the customer office counter. Since the right section is still under renovation, they have moved it slightly to the front but it is still on the right side of the entrance and there is a big "Customer Service" sign on the counter.

Comment

It is the customer office counter. Since the right section is still under renovation, they have moved it slightly to the front but it is still on the right side of the entrance and there is a big "Customer Service" sign on the counter.
                Then, that makes their response to you truly unacceptable. I haven't had a need to approach customer service in the lounge regarding my flight bookings in a while, but I should do it one of these days just to test their response.

I remember the one time they connected me to the general reservations number about changing my return flight and I talked to an air/sleepyhead who told me to call SQ at my destination! I hung up and told the person behind the desk to dial the number behind my KF card instead.

I did notice on my recent visits to the lounge in the past two months that I haven't been seeing some of the regular staff/oldtimers there. Or maybe I've been regularly missing their shifts.
                Le jour de Saint Eugène, en traversant la Calle Mayor...

Comment

Latest cost-cutting measure: SQ gonna remove the use of big casseroles for economy main courses (for those who don't know, SQ now has both big and small casseroles for main courses). All main courses shall be served using the smaller casseroles.
                  My past and future travels

My Travel Map

Comment

Originally posted by ycp81 View Post
                    Latest cost-cutting measure: SQ gonna remove the use of big casseroles for economy main courses (for those who don't know, SQ now has both big and small casseroles for main courses). All main courses shall be served using the smaller casseroles.
                    On flights to/from BKK, the starters have disappeared !

On tray is just the main dish and dessert. And of course the bun and water is there to fill up space.

Gosh - even TG has a starter on the tray.. and CX too.

SQ cost cutting? And their airfares are higher than the 2.

Comment

Originally posted by Guy Betsy View Post

On tray is just the main dish and dessert. And of course the bun and water is there to fill up space.

The starters have disappeared for a while. All regional flights of 2hrs or shorter (BKK, DPS, SGN, CGK) had their starters removed in economy.

TG/CX (SIN-BKK), GA (SIN-CGK/DPS), QR/KL (SIN-DPS) and VN (SIN-SGN) on these routes still offer starters on their meal trays are now so much more value-for-money.
                      My past and future travels

My Travel Map

Comment

Originally posted by Guy Betsy View Post

Been like that I'd guess 2 years now
                        My SQ and flying Videos: Youtube My Travel Blog: AussieFlyer.net

Comment

Originally posted by sqdazz View Post
                          Been like that I'd guess 2 years now
                          I normally redeem an award ticket in C when flying between SIN & BKK. And when I fly economy, I usually fly TG ex-SIN as its cheaper than SQ. But this time I bought the ticket ex-BKK and SQ had availability as TG was chock a block sold out!

Is SQ going the way of a LCC but charging high prices just because they think they can?
                          Last edited by Guy Betsy; 2 March 2012, 02:40 AM.

Comment

I fully agree with this thread. They've developed a bad attitude towards their customers which will hurt them.
                            Flying isn't fun with SQ anymore.
                            The planes are dirty and worn even the A380
                            Some stewardesses or cabin staff have an attitude problem.
                            Lounges in Singapore are worn and used compared to Lufthansa's Frankfurt or Munich Lounge or BA's aka. IAG's Los Angeles lounge.
                            Their miles upgrade programm is a fraud.

"Vote with your feet and don't fly with your arms"

Comment

Looks like we've got a live one here...

Comment

And it's almost time for my next rant

Comment

Working...
                                X