Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SQ's lost mojo - overdue for a good rant!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 9V-SIA View Post
    I have to say that I feel very loved by SQ since hitting TPP
    Appreciate if you can elaborate on that loving feeling please.

Comment

• Out of my humble 22 flights this year, my last 14 have consecutively been on SQ (10 in Y) and I can honestly say I have enjoyed every single one of them.

I tend to spend most of my time in the aft galley chatting with the crew (helps that I'm in a similar age group to them, makes for some humorous conversations) and have really enjoyed these flights. I find that SQ crew tend to be less robotic these days and far more relaxed.

I for one enjoy being referred to as "dude" and "bro" by the cabin crew and being able to talk to them as they walk the aisles though I can see why others (especially in the premium cabins) may not like the relaxed attitude however in my experiences in J and F the crew have been extremely professional and polite.

As the crew meals often come from J, I have received salads, cereals, satay and ice cream desserts whilst in the galley.

On my most recent flight from BOM-SIN last night, after a great conversation with a couple of FSS' I found this bag of goodies and postcard on one of my tray tables after waking up!

Last edited by viraj735; 16 June 2012, 12:03 AM.
      The world's too large a place not to go wandering.

Comment

• Glad to see that the mojo is coming back!

Comment

• Originally posted by viraj735 View Post
          I tend to spend most of my time in the aft galley chatting with the crew (helps that I'm in a similar age group to them, makes for some humorous conversations) and have really enjoyed these flights. I find that SQ crew tend to be less robotic these days and far more relaxed.
          Chatting to the crew in the galley is also a favourite of mine. I've spent hours in there over the years, especially when flying in F funnily enough.

As for them being more relaxed these days, I would disagree with that. Nothing has changed, they have always been great fun if you treat them nicely and take the opportunity to talk to them. The people who find them robotic are generally the ones who are afraid of trying to talk to pretty girls, and boys.

Comment

• Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
            Chatting to the crew in the galley is also a favourite of mine. I've spent hours in there over the years, especially when flying in F funnily enough.

As for them being more relaxed these days, I would disagree with that. Nothing has changed, they have always been great fun if you treat them nicely and take the opportunity to talk to them. The people who find them robotic are generally the ones who are afraid of trying to talk to pretty girls, and boys.
            I agree that simply chatting with the crew can break the robotic stereotype. Years ago, I asked many questions about the airline and what not while waiting to visit the cockpit of a Megatop, and it turned into a nice meaningful conversation full of smiles from the SQ Girl . It also helps to travel with small children, and this is an area that I've consistently been impressed with SQ. I remember this special treatment (in whY) when I was little and traveled with my parents, and still see stewardesses giving special attention to families with children.

Comment

• 1. No change at the main customer touch-points. Crew are 80% great, 20% indifferent. Better than most.

2. There are signs at management level that things are improving. SQ748, changes to KF Saver redemption availability are good signs.

3. Yet there is still much more to do. We need to see that the whole management attitude change towards QPP/TPP/LPP pax - as no longer the enemy but important friends. There are positive signs. We await the final epiphany.

Comment

• Originally posted by milehighj View Post
                We need to see that the whole management attitude change towards QPP/TPP/LPP pax - as no longer the enemy but important friends.
                + 1. If I had more hands I would give more thumbs up!

Comment

• An excellent suggestion made by fellow SQTalker LionCity was that SQ should start offering First Class vouchers for a fixed amount of sectors with weaker F demand for QPP/TPP/LPP passengers on full fare Business Class tickets.

Comment

• I was on SQ16 on recently and both sectors were fabulous. The crews were brilliant and I filled up compliment forms with the names of the crew that served me.

The CSS and FSS' that were serving my cabin were some of the best crew I've ever had.

After I had completed the form, I thanked and handed the form to the IFS who replied with "Mr. Xxxxxxx, I was just informed of your compliments and we thank you for writing to us. Now, would you like to come with me into first class for a while?"

Edit: How good were the crew? A pax spilled some water (negligible amount) next to my seat. Minutes later a pair of slippers from F arrived along with a blanket which was put on the floor space in my seat.
                    Last edited by viraj735; 5 July 2012, 10:52 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by viraj735 View Post
                      An excellent suggestion made by fellow SQTalker LionCity was that SQ should start offering First Class vouchers for a fixed amount of sectors with weaker F demand for QPP/TPP/LPP passengers on full fare Business Class tickets.
                      I think this is a great idea! Award a stand-by voucher for a one-class upgrade for one segment for every 25,000 PPS value. They could even stop handing out the PPS renewal vouchers for that.

Stand-by means one can only request it on the day of departure and when seats are available, the upgrade clears.

Comment

• After experiencing QF and LH a couple of days ago, I'm going to put any gripes I have with SQ into perspective.

It was a little sad to see 9V-SKG parked next to the QF A380 I was boarding because I wanted to be on it much more (no available seats!)
                        The QF A380 Y had quite a good interior but service and food is hopeless in comparison. Because the crew in my area were so disorganised, we were served last, assisted by all the other staff who were finished running up and down the aisle with trays. The lamb had just run out so i was told I had to have fish. I replied that I don't eat fish. No apology or even the word 'sorry'. A cold cheese sandwich was just slapped down on my tray table, and that became my dinner. Because sandwiches contain bread, this meant I was also not to be given a bread roll either. Another crew member spent most of her time asking passengers not to press the call button because it's "only for emergencies". The snack before SIN was a microwaved pizza slice in a plastic bag slick with oil. This was served only 30 mins after ice-cream because the crew forgot to serve the ice-creams at the right time.

We arrived late into SIN so I had to make a rush from T1 to T2 for my LH A380 overnight to FRA, again parallel to an SQ service.

LH service was extremely polite and helpful but the A380 product is very poor. Seat widths are extremely narrow and the headrests far less comfortable. No menus were distributed. No amenity kits given out. The food was very good, but there was no choice for breakfast. Germans on the plane who had been on SQ A380s were complaining loudly about how better SQ is. That sums it up really.

Now if SQ would just add some capacity to MEL, then I could have been enjoying SQ standard all the way!

Comment

• Actua;;y, I find SQ's A380 seat is almost the same as QF's A380. The better one is with B777.

Comment

• Qantas crew never say sorry. Even when they are apologising
                            My SQ and flying Videos: Youtube My Travel Blog: AussieFlyer.net

Comment

• Straits Times editor wrote an editorial that pretty much summed up what this thread is all about. The article is titled " Why I worry for the Singapore Girl".

Comment

• Originally posted by boing View Post
                                Straits Times editor wrote an editorial that pretty much summed up what this thread is all about. The article is titled " Why I worry for the Singapore Girl".
                                Not sure about other members on the forum but I am not a subscriber and currently not in Singapore, would it be possible for you to summarize the key points of the article or quote from the web please if you're free?

Many thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X