Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SQ's lost mojo - overdue for a good rant!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Qantas and Thai allows it too.
    My past and future travels

My Travel Map

Comment

• Originally posted by ycp81 View Post
      I don't think you need to worry about this as on my past flights on TG, the pilot will "ding" the cabin when the gears are lowered, signalling for the crew to be seated, which is normally just a few minutes before touchdown. Common to see TG crew to proceed to their seats just a couple to minutes to touchdown, unlike SQ where the crew can be seated 10-20min before landing.

And for the FA busy in the galley, he was probably preparing for the return flight back to BKK, such as heating the meals for the next sector.
      i know because i heard the sound.... but what happen if the galley is still not ready? or if he miscalculate the time? u will see the cart out of the place when touch down, can be dangerous right
      visit my blog

Comment

• Originally posted by lingua101 View Post
        i know because i heard the sound.... but what happen if the galley is still not ready? or if he miscalculate the time? u will see the cart out of the place when touch down, can be dangerous right
        These FA are not someone from food center serving chicken rice. They are well trained and should have a sense of time of when to do what (and knowing when is the time for touch down).

The only time when I see they almost miss is on SQ flight from Jakarta to Singapore - on some duty free sales thing.

Comment

• Originally posted by 9V-SIA View Post
          Gate to gate IFE. The one thing SQ can do to improve my in flight experience.
          No Gate to Gate IFE......this is not SQ fault, talk to IATA about it....

(Audio)

Comment

• Originally posted by Audio View Post
            No Gate to Gate IFE......this is not SQ fault, talk to IATA about it....

(Audio)
            Its not IATA, how could it be when plenty of airlines on earth allow it?
            I believe its the Singaporean authorities. It's insane regardless
            My SQ and flying Videos: Youtube My Travel Blog: AussieFlyer.net

Comment

• Originally posted by cscs1956 View Post
              These FA are not someone from food center serving chicken rice. They are well trained and should have a sense of time of when to do what (and knowing when is the time for touch down).

The only time when I see they almost miss is on SQ flight from Jakarta to Singapore - on some duty free sales thing.
              Yes. The leading crew are in charge of inflight sales and SIN-CKG-SIN is a sector that many pax will want to buy gifts. ( using vouchers no less )

Its a KPI too, and I feel its inclusion serves to diminish their supervisory roles to ensure a higher standard of inflight service. That includes overall safety.

Its the executives who encourage sales with incentives at the expense of safety for the crew, flight and pax. Its all well and good to have a one line motherhood statement that says " crew are to adhere to safety guidelines at all times".

Its another thing when the pax writes in to complain about half completed sales, no sales conducted or that the crew was abrupt in handling a sales transaction. Instances like these penalise the employee for not having good judgement. Rarely will the crew be cited for being safety minded.

The result is what you may witness: a hurried crew in the galley racing against time to complete the task and be seated at their stations... perhaps with a smile, and if you notice, beads of sweat at the hairlines.

I do not know what contribution inflight sales have on the bottom line, but if its what customers want ( for short sectors ) perhaps a dedicated crew is the answer. Then again, we will have to wait for an accident to happen. Its reactive management..

Comment

• New Emirates campaign - Hello Tomorrow.

By no means perfect, but a whole lot of MOJO more than a deadbeat website with some new Singapore Girl ad clips.

http://www.emirates.com/english/hell...ow/?cid=187084

Comment

• Originally posted by milehighj View Post
                  New Emirates campaign - Hello Tomorrow.

By no means perfect, but a whole lot of MOJO more than a deadbeat website with some new Singapore Girl ad clips.

http://www.emirates.com/english/hell...ow/?cid=187084
                  I actually like it. I have a feeling that the premise can only grow on us. It's a fundamental nature to be human: to seek face-to-face contact.

Comment

• Credit where credit is due. We saw a whole lot of Mojo yesterday aboard 748, Mr. I and Mr. M and others - hope you're reading this!

If you just put a fraction of all that back into the everyday experience, I guarantee you it will not be a "loss-leader" or negative for your KPIs. Much the opposite!

Enough people DO NOT want to fly more CX and EK, et al, but we will if you keep trying so darn hard to make SQ more and more like every other soulless A-to-B utility, instead of the experience which each of us has known and loved for a very long time.
                    Last edited by milehighj; 7 April 2012, 10:30 AM.

Comment

Credit where credit is due. We saw a whole lot of Mojo yesterday aboard 748, Mr. I and Mr. M and others - hope you're reading this!

If you just put a fraction of all that back into the everyday experience, I guarantee you it will not be a "loss-leader" or negative for your KPIs. Much the opposite!

Enough people DO NOT want to fly more CX and EK, et al, but we will if you keep trying so darn hard to make SQ more and more like every other soulless A-to-B utilities, instead of the experience which each of us has known and loved for a very long time.
                      +1. Don't lose the plot.

Strive for in flight service even other airlines talk about. Not KPI.

Even civil servants are abandoning Net Economic Value ( NEV ) so think outside the box.

Framework to get civil servants to watch financials dropped

And you can start by bringing back gate-to-gate IFE

Comment

• +1

You should have KPE instead all KPIs.

Key Passenger Experiences!

KPIs only good for low lying fruits.

Comment

Credit where credit is due. We saw a whole lot of Mojo yesterday aboard 748, Mr. I and Mr. M and others - hope you're reading this!

Enough people DO NOT want to fly more CX and EK, et al, but we will if you keep trying so darn hard to make SQ more and more like every other soulless A-to-B utility, instead of the experience which each of us has known and loved for a very long time.
                          Well put!
                          HUGE AL

Comment

+1 again.

Comment

• http://www.straitstimes.com/STForum/...ry_801783.html

The Straits Times
                              www.straitstimes.com
                              Published on May 23, 2012

VETERAN CUSTOMER'S REACTION TO CEO'S SPEECH
                              SIA has become complacent

AS A longstanding customer and top-tier frequent flier member of Singapore Airlines' loyalty programme, I think SIA's problems stem from its senior management's disconnect with its customers' needs ('SIA still great but can be better, says CEO'; last Friday).
                              Because SIA was voted the world's best airline for many years, its senior managers have become complacent. In reducing costs (and therefore service levels) to improve margins, SIA was caught off guard by other carriers which improved their service.
                              Some areas where there has been a clear deterioration in SIA's standards:
                              The change to the new website a year ago was a clear mistake. Many customers gave feedback but SIA's management took no effective steps in addressing the problems. It is still very difficult to navigate the site, buy tickets and perform other actions.
                              There are reductions in service items such as cheaper amenities in business class, the refitting of planes such as the Boeing 777 with less comfortable business class seats and a noticeable cutback on the cleaning of aircraft between flights.
                              However, SIA's cabin crew, ground staff and staff at its service centre in Ion Orchard continue to serve customers well.
                              The problem appears to be with the senior management who are increasingly disconnected from the needs of customers.
                              Customers like myself, who have been trying to continue supporting SIA despite these increasing difficulties, will have no choice but to fly more often with other carriers.
                              Allen Tan

Comment

• I love the ending:
                                The bottom line: Singapore Air, which faces new competition from Middle East carriers, has seen its passenger count fall by 12 percent since 2008.

- BloombergBusinessweek

Singapore Airlines' Competition Rises
                                By David Fickling on May 17, 2012

Singapore Airlines (SIA) has long been known for its iconic Singapore Girls, the demurely smiling stewardesses whose beauty and in-flight pampering harken back to a day when aviation was glamorous—and profitable. That allure, made famous in ads, drew high-paying premium-class flyers to Singapore Air, which in 2006 became the airline with the highest stock market value in the world. Thanks to belt-tightening by business travelers and the rapid growth of Middle Eastern airlines intent on offering even more in-cabin luxury, Singapore Air’s passenger count has fallen 12 percent since 2008—the biggest drop among 12 major full-service Asia-Pacific carriers. Air China overtook it in 2009 to become the world’s most valuable airline by stock value. Even worse, Singapore Air, which hasn’t recorded a full-year loss since it went public more than a quarter century ago, on May 10 reported red ink for the first quarter and slowed capacity growth at its flagship unit. “The fact is that they’re hurting,” says Peter Harbison, executive chairman of CAPA Center for Aviation, a Sydney-based company that advises airlines. “There’s good cause for a fundamental review of Singapore’s strategy.”

http://www.businessweek.com/articles...petition-rises

Comment

Working...
                                X