Messing around with MEL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MLflyer View Post
    SQ moving A350 services forward to 10AUG, which is this week !!!
    That'll make SQ228 happy

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ218 View Post
      That'll make SQ228 happy
      Not quite... All my currently scheduled flights on SQ207 and SQ208 are after this deployment is scheduled to end. When they announce the A359 deployment is permanent on SQ207/8 then that will make me VERY happy!

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
        Not quite... All my currently scheduled flights on SQ207 and SQ208 are after this deployment is scheduled to end. When they announce the A359 deployment is permanent on SQ207/8 then that will make me VERY happy!
        bummer .. I should have read it more thoroughly. I thought it was permanent. LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ218 View Post
          bummer .. I should have read it more thoroughly. I thought it was permanent. LOL
          I'm still hopeful. The flight pair fits so neatly between JNB flights. Also, we are yet to see the new timings for MUC which might be able to pair up with MEL.

Comment

• Just as we figured, 207/208 is getting the A359. I told you that flight can benefit from either that or a 77WR that would replace a 772 anyway. The time they are not using it I hope they do use 77WR on the 207/208 route

Comment

• Originally posted by SQfanatic View Post
              Just as we figured, 207/208 is getting the A359. I told you that flight can benefit from either that or a 77WR that would replace a 772 anyway. The time they are not using it I hope they do use 77WR on the 207/208 route
              They're using an A359 up until SFO and potentially MUC start up. There is as yet no indication that it will continue past 30OCT. Until then they are looking for flights to keep the surplus craft occupied. I expect one day the flight pair will go A359 but perhaps we might wait for SQ to make that announcement first.

Comment

• My flight back to MUC in Jan got re-timed at least (leaving us with exactly 0min connecting time :-( ) but still shows as 77W. Let's see if that changes to 359 by then. Guess there won't be any surprises for SQ237 and 228 at least.

Comment

• Wow what a coincidence...When I talked about assuming one of the MEL routes would go 77WR, 237/238 got an adhoc to SWN though MEL nornally never gets a 77WR. AKL got SWG, an older 77W. Nothing else changed.

Comment

• Originally posted by mst View Post
                    My flight back to MUC in Jan got re-timed at least (leaving us with exactly 0min connecting time :-( ) but still shows as 77W. Let's see if that changes to 359 by then. Guess there won't be any surprises for SQ237 and 228 at least.
                    It should be an A359, its likely not updated from your end.

Comment

• Maybe they wait until they're sure they really got enough in fleet to serve MUC. But as long as they don't mess up my seats when changing planes, I definitely wouldn't mind going 359.
                      Hey, I could even still get F on that flight, now that may be trigger once they would move it to 359

Comment

• Originally posted by mst View Post
                        Maybe they wait until they're sure they really got enough in fleet to serve MUC. But as long as they don't mess up my seats when changing planes, I definitely wouldn't mind going 359.
                        Hey, I could even still get F on that flight, now that may be trigger once they would move it to 359
                        There is no First Class (presuming this is what you mean, in reference to "F") on the A359. There is only EYCL, PEY and JCL.

Comment

• The only MEL flight that will go A359 any time soon is SQ207/8 due to flight timings. All their current plans for the A359, with the exception of SFO, create gaps between around dawn and midnight. SQ207/8 utilises these gaps which is precisely why it is currently served by a 772ER, as it interworks perfectly with CPH, CPT, FCO and IST.

They can't make the switch permanent yet though as only JNB departs late enough for SQ208 arrive at SIN and being serviced ready for another departure. The other factor standing in the way is that the A359 adds more J seats and a PEY cabin and then subtracts a substantial number of Y seats.

At present they can spare an A359 up until when the October changes commence. SFO will soak up the extra availability making SQ207/8 too tight to roster an A359. Then, as numbers in Y begin to really expand in December, in my opinion, the A359 simply couldn't meet capacity requirements. HKG presents as a better utilisation of the A359 during the day as there are more flights to spread the passenger load and the flight pairs are shorter, resulting in timings that aren't as tight.

If MUC is retimed to have a far later departure out of SIN, that could help pair it with MEL and if SQ227/8 could be upgauged to an A380, in addition to the already confirmed SQ217/8 upgauge, then that would solve the capacity issue in my view.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ380 View Post
                            There is no First Class (presuming this is what you mean, in reference to "F") on the A359. There is only EYCL, PEY and JCL.
                            Yes, I know. That's why I said I wonder why they still let you book F now when those flights would go 359 later on.

Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
                            If MUC is retimed to have a far later departure out of SIN, that could help pair it with MEL and if SQ227/8 could be upgauged to an A380, in addition to the already confirmed SQ217/8 upgauge, then that would solve the capacity issue in my view.
                            MUC for us got retimed to 0:25, so 1:15h later than it was as they don't have to go on to MAN anymore.

Comment

• Looks like the A380's will stay on the MEL runs permanently now:

According to Airlineroute:

Singapore Airlines has updated Melbourne schedule for NS17, 1 daily A380 service is maintained on/after 25MAR17
                              SQ227/228 will also start receiving the Premium Economy.

Comment

• Originally posted by MLflyer View Post
                                Looks like the A380's will stay on the MEL runs permanently now:

According to Airlineroute:

SQ227/228 will also start receiving the Premium Economy.
                                Snap! I just announced this in the PEY offer thread.

Comment

Working...
                                X