Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Denied going through security in SFO due to hand carry luggage

Hi,

I was flyng J from SFO back to SIN (SQ15) last Friday. I was denied entry when I wanted to clear security before going into the transit area. The reason being I was carry 2 hand carry bags and 1 personal laptop bag. TSA only allows 1 hand carry and 1 personal bag.

I've checked the TSA website and this is indeed true. Here is what it says "Carry-on baggage is a small piece of luggage you take onboard the airplane with you. You are allowed one carry-on in addition to one personal item such as a laptop computer, purse, small backpack, briefcase, or camera case."

Has anyone been denied before when flying out from US (International flights) having 2 hand carry bags and 1 personal laptop bag? This is the first time I'm encountering this issue. I was never stopped from my previous 3 trips. When I seek help from SQ ground staff, he has told me that this has never happened before.

Either way, the two piece allowance by SQ is mitigated by the notation below that states, "...subject to local country specific requirements, aircraft cabin space and stowage"
    HUGE AL

Comment

oh wow, so what happened ? did SQ manage to help you with it ?

Comment

Yes.

Michael from the ground staff insisted that they have never had this problem before. After much haggling and phone calls, I was finally allowed to clear security.

Comment

Never encountered this. Last flight I had out of SFO (SQ1) in J, I had a computer bag, a very small shopping bag, a cabin-bag, plus an overcoat in arm.

Cleared with no issues.

Usually however, I only have a cabin bag or backpack with the laptop inside.

Comment

Working...
          X