SQ 321 - delayed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SQ 321 - delayed

So my flight today was delayed by 2.5 hrs at heathrow cos the cargo door won't shut. They had to consult with Airbus for help.. And in the midst of that was a power trip cos the engineer was trying to do something to close the damn door.

And now 14+hrs later, we are still waiting but now at changi airport waiting for our luggages cos the damn door won't open this time around.

I'm damn pissed and I just wanna go home and sleep! Heard from ground staff that it will take another 2 hrs to fix the problem! Arghs!!!

Anyone encountered this problem before? Where can I lodge my complaint to? This is really wasting my precious time and I have meetings tomorrow morning!

Originally posted by charvy View Post
    So my flight today was delayed by 2.5 hrs at heathrow cos the cargo door won't shut. They had to consult with Airbus for help.. And in the midst of that was a power trip cos the engineer was trying to do something to close the damn door.

And now 14+hrs later, we are still waiting but now at changi airport waiting for our luggages cos the damn door won't open this time around.

I'm damn pissed and I just wanna go home and sleep! Heard from ground staff that it will take another 2 hrs to fix the problem! Arghs!!!

Anyone encountered this problem before? Where can I lodge my complaint to? This is really wasting my precious time and I have meetings tomorrow morning!
    To your travel insurer??

Comment

Goodness, 14 hours at the airport without alternative arrangement?

Comment

Originally posted by cscs1956 View Post
        Goodness, 14 hours at the airport without alternative arrangement?
        now now before you go off on a frolic of your own, SQ321 flies from Heathrow to Changi. The 14 hours OP refers to is the time it takes to fly the plane over various continents. Nothing to do with airports.

Comment

My goodness...
          And the aircraft is 9V-SKM, the newest that SQ has to date so far.

Comment

Inappropriate post topic aside, you will find feedback forms on the website. I don't see what good it will do.
            My SQ and flying Videos: Youtube My Travel Blog: AussieFlyer.net

Comment

You think they do it on purpose? Settle down and watch your language.

Comment

Drink cement and toughen up a bit.
                hvb
                HVB

Comment

Originally posted by kelvgoh View Post
                  now now before you go off on a frolic of your own, SQ321 flies from Heathrow to Changi. The 14 hours OP refers to is the time it takes to fly the plane over various continents. Nothing to do with airports.
                  They can always let the passenger home/hotel and send the bag to them when problem is fixed ! Transit passenger can make alternative arrangement !

Comment

Originally posted by Wan1dap View Post
                    Sure not, but as I say alternative arrangment will help to please the customer. (or sometime even bring them to a place to rest while waiting for the problem to be fixed vs standing next to the belt and wait for 2 hours or more).

Comment

Originally posted by cscs1956 View Post
                      Sure not, but as I say alternative arrangment will help to please the customer. (or sometime even bring them to a place to rest while waiting for the problem to be fixed vs standing next to the belt and wait for 2 hours or more).
                      Totally agree with you on that part cos there were no reps from sq and they could have manage the situation better.

I guess if anyone were in my situation will not be happy too. Imagine stuck in the plane at heathrow for 2.5 hrs (throw in a power trip too) and upon reaching home ground u discovered that you can't get your bags cos of technical issues and that you don't know when can they resolve the problem. Guess it was a rough flight cos of crying and yelling babies on a 12 hours flight does not help matters.

And btw I overheard a complaint from a man from the TPE flight that it was taking way too long for his bags to appear at the belt. Talk about toughening up eh?

Comment

Originally posted by Wan1dap View Post
                        Well try to be in my situation and you will understand why I was that pissed to post this topic whilst I was staring at the empty belt with no sq reps offering any decent explanation.

Comment

Totally agree with you on that part cos there were no reps from sq and they could have manage the situation better.

I guess if anyone were in my situation will not be happy too. Imagine stuck in the plane at heathrow for 2.5 hrs (throw in a power trip too) and upon reaching home ground u discovered that you can't get your bags cos of technical issues and that you don't know when can they resolve the problem. Guess it was a rough flight cos of crying and yelling babies on a 12 hours flight does not help matters.

And btw I overheard a complaint from a man from the TPE flight that it was taking way too long for his bags to appear at the belt. Talk about toughening up eh?
                          Seem happen quite often with T3. Once I travelled back to Singapore. The whole group was waiting for the bags to appear (some 1.5 hours later). Next to the belt was a SAT rep. All she can say is they are doing their best (She does not seem to know why there is a delay).

Finally I got my bag and wish her good luck working with this SAD company.
                          Last edited by cscs1956; 9 November 2011, 04:06 PM.

Comment

Wow I must have been incredibly lucky on the 15-20 times per year that I travel through T3. Judging by your experiences it's a total and utter shambles but I've never had to wait more than 10-15 minutes, and sometimes the bags are on the belt before I get there. Still, what would I know as such an infrequent traveller?

Comment

Doesn't fly much... if at all

Comment

Working...
                              X