Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why will SQ replace A330 on Colombo service?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why will SQ replace A330 on Colombo service?

Singapore Airlines , Singapore – Colombo eff 20NOV11 Boeing 777-200 replaces Airbus A330-300.

http://airlineroute.net/2011/11/03/sq-w11update6/

Does any body know why did Singapore Airlines changed the A330 service with B772 ?
    Last edited by jjpb3; 7 November 2011, 01:10 AM. Reason: Combine posts

Originally posted by Banuthev View Post

Does any body know why did Singapore Airlines changed the A330 service with B772 ?
    My guess is that SQ needs the A330s for the other flights which are swapped from a 772, as was mentioned in the link.

Comment

Just noticed that my SIN-CMB in July is on a 777-300, which I'm guessing is the old-as-the-hills crappy one? I haven't been keeping up much with SQ in the last few years, but have they upgraded the J seats and IFE on this? Also, F is not for sale but the seatmap looks like it's a plane with F. Do they just leave it dark?
      Another idea--Or should I just pay S$350 RT and fly UL in Y? Just the taxes on the SQ flights are like S$200 or more RT, and then the miles used also have some value..
      Flew SIN-CMB a couple years ago on the A330, and it was nice in J.
      Thanks!

Comment

Colombo is now officially the most mistreated destination by SQ.

Since they lost their A330, they've been getting the oldest of the 772s, pretty much the ones earmarked for Scoot.

Over the past fortnight, however, 9V-SYE has been running captive to and from Colombo. This is the only 773 which was not given a refurb. If it's showing up on a booking a few months ahead, all you can hope is that it means eventually one of the 73As will be freed up to replace SYE. SQ237/8 to MEL has been getting 77Ws on an ad hoc basis lately instead of a 73A, so as more 38Es come online, more 77Ws will become available which might trickle down to CMB getting a 73A.

My guess is that the A330 was given to SYD, but then one of Perth's A330s was also replaced by old 772s.

After what MEL went through, I can sympathise with the CMB travellers. I'm just glad our poor treatment is over and it's somebody else's turn.

Comment

Working...
        X