Service on Beijing flight needs fine-tuning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by daron4000 View Post
    perhaps if PEK operated its runways more efficiently it wouldn't have the delays it does. I can't tell how many times I've sat waiting for takeoff when 4-5 minutes go by and neither a plane takes off or lands. Or if they consolidated all takeoffs and landings onto separate runways instead of using both the center and eastern runways for both takeoff and landing. It seems there are changes that could reduce the ground delays without increasing capacity with a new runway.
    Wake?

Comment

Definitely not wake- multiple 737s in a row? And this is on the good weather days too.

Comment

On board service after 2300hrs...

Having the lights on full blast is an act which indicates that the crew in charge has been reprimanded for not following procedures.

He/she could have tried to exercise discretion in the past by keeping the lighting low. However, other pax or even fellow crew could have reported that selecting such dim lighting was counter to good safety guidelines.

In the past, ( when service was indeed what others talked about ) meal or drink orders would be taken whilst on ground before take off, in the premium classes(P+J). But there has been new employees joining in the management ranks who reviewed these practices and deemed it as "unsafe" acts.

In the economy class, it would be meal service immediately, with an unintrusive approach of " tell me your choice, otherwise, I will not disturb you".. no inflight sales.

However, leading ranks are being teased with higher earnings if their sales meet various targets. So much for KPIs.

There is a robotic reaction to managements strategies, and this is caused by the fact that current crew managers are neither aware of what it means to have discretion and discipline versus service.

As for BJS airport, there is nothing we can do.. the separation between take offs and landings is entirely the Chinese prerogative. Having experienced crew anticipate that, would help present the after airborne service in a more considerate and thoughtful manner, and you wouldn't have even realised it.

It is a demanding time to fly after midnight.. so, sit back and relax, smile and inform the crew "DND" ( do not disturb) and allow your mind to rest. There will be time for a croissant and an expresso before touch down.

Comment

Working...
        X