Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B772-ER J Class

Hi All,

I had checked with the sticky post about the seat type that you get on SQ.
    However, at the end of the post, it says last edit was back in 2006. I guess it would be little out-dated..?

I would like to ask which Business Seat do we get in B772-ER? In the seatmap it shows there are 5 rows (from Row 11-16). Would it be the Spacebed or a New Regional J or Long-haul J?

Hopefully not the old Spacebed...

Thank you very much!

It is the old spacebed.

Comment

As 9V-JKL was saying, so far all 772ER are still equipped with SpaceBeds. I have not heard of any plans to put the new regional J seat onto those birds and would be surprised to see that happening.

Honestly, for Saver Award levels in C I'm still okay with SpaceBeds. That is unless SQ decides to open "Not so new" C for Saver Award levels on all its long-haul routes. Then I want the latest if I can get it

Comment

Oh I see... Hopefully can get good sleep from the older version seat.

Thank you both! :-)

Comment

Are there any plans to remove the 77ER birds from the Europe routes they serve?

Have a J Saver booked for IST-SIN next May.

Comment

Originally posted by cx100silver View Post
            Oh I see... Hopefully can get good sleep from the older version seat.

Thank you both! :-)
            I just flew SIN-CPH-SIN a week back on this bird. Had good sleep both ways and no complaints. Of couse a horizontal lie-flat is better but this old J product, IMO is not bad at all (except perhaps for the rather dated, small IFE which didn't bother me much).

Comment

At least the SpaceBed really was ahead of anything the competition had when it came out in the old days and to this day I feel it still measures up with many of the newer angled flat products. yes the IFE screen is a bit small but it is AVOD already and overall I would still be happy to redeem for this seat on Saver award levels to Europe.

I like fully flat of course, but not at double the miles.

Comment

Originally posted by demue View Post
                At least the SpaceBed really was ahead of anything the competition had when it came out in the old days and to this day I feel it still measures up with many of the newer angled flat products. yes the IFE screen is a bit small but it is AVOD already and overall I would still be happy to redeem for this seat on Saver award levels to Europe.

I like fully flat of course, but not at double the miles.
                I totally agree. The SpaceBed was, and still is, the best of all the angled seats imo. I haven't flown in one for ages now but would have no issues doing a long haul in one.

Comment

My biggest grouse however, is the seat control with the linked movements on the master lever.

It is always a challenge getting to the exact Z position that is best for sleeping in this seat. After more than a decade, I have still not mastered it. Perhaps my aged mind is beyond teaching. Haha...

The new regional J seat controls are much better IMO.

Comment

Agreed that the controls on the new regional C seat allow for more 'fine-tuning' position wise. For all it is worth, I wouldn't mind if they put that 'regional' seat on the 772ERs and keep flying them to some of the Tier 2 European destinations. However, that is highly unlikely to happen so I would be okay to make do with the SpaceBed. YMMV

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                      I totally agree. The SpaceBed was, and still is, the best of all the angled seats imo. I haven't flown in one for ages now but would have no issues doing a long haul in one.
                      I fully agree with you Man Flyer

Comment

Working...
                      X