No announcement yet.

A New Look

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just when I thought the new Finnair livery was as white as it can get ...

Comment

Originally posted by SilverChris View Post
      Reminds me of AF. Rather surprised the tail isn't black just like the others.
      Either it's a new Star Alliance livery, or SQ just wants to be non-conformist.

Comment

When Varig was a member of *A they had the same livery for their *A logo jet, it had a white tail instead of the black one.

Comment

Morning all,

SWI has entered service , flightradar24 showing it inbound to Auckland as SQ285.

Comment

SQ would be using the white tail scheme only.

Comment

I think it is fugly...What is SQ thinking?

Comment

Originally posted by UMD View Post
                Less paint, Saving fuel ?

Comment

Originally posted by UMD View Post
                  Still telling *A that they still want to be unique?

Comment

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Star-...743ee09176aa0e
                    The Romance of Travel... Singapore Airlines

Comment

I actually like the scheme, looks chic. But I rather have the SQ logo on the tail- it stood out. Didn't SQ insist on it because they considered their branding more important or something to that extent?

Comment

YUCKS!

Comment

I quiet like it...

If they wanted to be non-conformist why didnt they paint either a huge Singapore flag or a Golden Goose over the real fuselarge? or even going back to the logo on the engine covers?

Comment

Of all the alliance colour schemes, Star Alliance's scheme is the most plain and least creative - plain white, simple large STAR ALLIANCE lettering, slap on the Star Alliance logo. The previous SQ policy of keeping its logo on the tail helped add some colour to the aircraft. Wonder why SQ finally gave in, whether Star Alliance threatened their non-compliance, or was it simply due to more gains from costs savings in having less paint than brand recognition with the Golden Goose on the tail...

Comment

Originally posted by Jumbojet Lover View Post
                              Of all the alliance colour schemes, Star Alliance's scheme is the most plain and least creative - plain white, simple large STAR ALLIANCE lettering, slap on the Star Alliance logo. The previous SQ policy of keeping its logo on the tail helped add some colour to the aircraft. Wonder why SQ finally gave in, whether Star Alliance threatened their non-compliance, or was it simply due to more gains from costs savings in having less paint than brand recognition with the Golden Goose on the tail...
                              I think it's part of the condition to join as a member. Star Alliance is very particular about its branding. I remember accompanying a Star Alliance auditor around the airport and her job was to look out for Star Alliance logos all over the place.

Comment

Originally posted by flying.monkeyz View Post
                                I think it's part of the condition to join as a member. Star Alliance is very particular about its branding. I remember accompanying a Star Alliance auditor around the airport and her job was to look out for Star Alliance logos all over the place.
                                The Cantonese has a saying which literally translates to "Well fed, nothing else to do."

Comment

Working...
                                X