SIA's latest destination: Social media [SQ's official Facebook page]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
    I've looked at most of the posts there - they (and I'm making some generalizations here - naturally there are exceptions) are all mostly admirers and fans - with not much in the way of actual Butt-in-seat travel, and most critically,at the pointy end of the plane.

So much so SQ puts up a video of their almost 5 year old "new" first class
    And hundreds of people have never actually seen it and comment as such.

Looks like a fan club - not a frequent traveller one.
    SQTalk still rocks !!

Comment

So much so SQ puts up a video of their almost 5 year old "new" first class
      And hundreds of people have never actually seen it and comment as such.

Looks like a fan club - not a frequent traveller one.
      That will suit them down to the ground. We know how rather than accept that people are complaining about something they would rather try and ignore it, as evidenced by the distinct lack of complaints in certain regional publications with sizeable SQ ads.

'Look boss, everybody thinks we're great!!'. As long as nobody asks how many of these fans are actually paying money to fly with them (and if some are raving about what they think is a new First Class then they clearly arent), then why worry about it.

Comment

100k FB fans who are begging SQ to put an A380 on their favourite route so they can buy R fares because they're tired of buying FRTSG fares and having to slum it in "only" first class = worth lots.

100k FB fans who are complaining why SQ is not matching Tiger airways's $2 all-in-fare to (insert destination here), and swearing they'll never buy another SQ ticket as a result = worth a bit less.
        Going by that SQ's venture into the realm of social media may be an unprofitable one. As you later mentioned, you probably will find more fanboys and noobs who'd ask if its true that you get free Coke onboard..

Since I want to join the industry, I was talking to a rather senior Marketing chap I was introduced to.. Quantifying profitability in digital media is very different. Its long term in nature and about bringing brand awareness to a segment that could be profitable in the future among other things.

Digital marketing is all the rage now. No one really knows what it is but companies all want to develop capabilities in it.

Comment

Working...
        X