No announcement yet.

SIA's latest destination: Social media [SQ's official Facebook page]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, FB and Twitter can be a 2-edged sword. If indeed it is SQ's intention to obtain feedback, kudos to them. If it's another marketing page, well ... good luck. I'll unlike it faster than a 380 can unload in an emergency.

Comment

Originally posted by CarbonMan View Post
      I'll unlike it faster than a 380 can unload in an emergency.

Comment

Originally posted by SilverChris View Post
        Ok, "unload" is not the correct verb. Perhaps "evacuate"?

Comment

its real charitable of that guy to hand over the page which already has 100,000views without even demanding a roundtrip R ticket by means of compensation in return lol

I wonder how much 100k FB fans are worth in marketing value...

Comment

Originally posted by concept|infinit View Post
            I wonder how much 100k FB fans are worth in marketing value...
            100k FB fans who are begging SQ to put an A380 on their favourite route so they can buy R fares because they're tired of buying FRTSG fares and having to slum it in "only" first class = worth lots.

100k FB fans who are complaining why SQ is not matching Tiger airways's $2 all-in-fare to (insert destination here), and swearing they'll never buy another SQ ticket as a result = worth a bit less.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
              I'd rather they concentrated on sorting out that farce of a website first to be honest. It's September today and it's only been a mess since May....
              +1. Plus in my experience with this kind of social media engagement they are just used to gather information and maybe float some ideas. They are usually not set up to be an effective customer service channel. SQ never empowers it's front line folks and I don't see this changing here. Just another outlet where they will try to pat themselves on the shoulder as well as a way of SQ telling us that their website works fine and that whatever we experience for months now are flukes or teething problems. Basically more canned stuffed. Call me skeptical.
              Last edited by demue; 4 September 2011, 09:15 PM.

Comment

I would have thought this is a great time to bombard their twitter and facebook pages with tales of terror from using their new website.

Comment

Originally posted by ozdude View Post
                  I would have thought this is a great time to bombard their twitter and facebook pages with tales of terror from using their new website.
                  They will probably act like their masters who have FB pages, comments not to their liking are deleted almost immediately....
                  This is a computer generated message, no signature required....

Comment

Originally posted by kapitan View Post
                    They will probably act like their masters who have FB pages, comments not to their liking are deleted almost immediately....
                    Nup, not the case. Quite a few people have complained about the website on the FB page and SQ have either ignored or responded. They say they are still working on it.

Comment

SQ finally on FB (officially)..

Is he one of us ?

http://adage.com/article/global-news...witter/229625/

London banker Khoa C. Huynh, 25, who developed an interest in the airline after years of taking flights to his family's native Vietnam, started a Singapore Airlines page on Facebook in 2006 to meet others who were curious about the company. Without any promotion, the page attracted nearly 110,000 fans, an indication of the customer goodwill toward the airline.

Mr. Huynh turned his page over to Singapore Airlines so it doesn't have to start its social-media efforts from scratch. The airline announced its arrival on Facebook (facebook.com/singaporeair) on Monday with a message thanking Mr. Huynh and fans for their support, adding, "We're here for the ultra long-haul, so welcome on board and let's make this a great way to fly!" The revamped page suddenly sported pictures of the iconic Singapore girl made famous in the airline's ads years ago, and pictures of cabin interiors...

I wonder if he got paid for this ??

Most importantly... does SQ even know about SQTalk ??? And that the true diehards are found here and not necessarily on FB ?

Comment

There is already an ongoing thread about this:

http://www.sqtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11760

EDIT:
                        At the same time as I posted this, Guy Betsy's original thread has been merged. Sorry for my useless post.
                        Last edited by Aulia Harun; 9 September 2011, 04:20 PM.
                        Such a gentle way about you / All around the world / Wouldn't go away without you / Singapore Girl, you're a great way to fly

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
                          100k FB fans who are begging SQ to put an A380 on their favourite route so they can buy R fares because they're tired of buying FRTSG fares and having to slum it in "only" first class = worth lots.

100k FB fans who are complaining why SQ is not matching Tiger airways's $2 all-in-fare to (insert destination here), and swearing they'll never buy another SQ ticket as a result = worth a bit less.
                          Can we complain about SQ issues there?

I doubt that SQ's FB will even be as half as informative as SQT !

Where can we file complaints - if any ? Lets start with the website !

Comment

Originally posted by Guy Betsy View Post
                            Is he one of us ?
                            He's all over the place. Here, on FT, on kiddiestalkingaboutairliners.net ....

Comment

I've looked at most of the posts there - they (and I'm making some generalizations here - naturally there are exceptions) are all mostly admirers and fans - with not much in the way of actual Butt-in-seat travel, and most critically,at the pointy end of the plane.

So much so SQ puts up a video of their almost 5 year old "new" first class
                              And hundreds of people have never actually seen it and comment as such.

Looks like a fan club - not a frequent traveller one.

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
                                Looks like a fan club - not a frequent traveller one.
                                That's all Facebook normally is.

Newbies/Fan Club and people that don't actually fly that much!

On the Virgin Australia Facebook here, they have daily specials from 4pm-6pm and all people do is ask for other destinations.

Comment

Working...
                                X