Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Extra flight to/from Jakarta during Hari Raya?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Extra flight to/from Jakarta during Hari Raya?

Last night when I was waiting for my early morning flight I saw there is 4:15am flight to CGK. SQ982. Is this regular flight or extra flight? I can't find it in SQ website.

Also I notice of arrival of SQ51xx from CGK also at the very early hours (just after midnight).

Does SQ add extra flight to cater for big influx of Indonesian escaping Hari Raya? I felt like in CGK last night
    visit my blog

Yep, SQ has up to 2 extra flights a day to cope with the demand. Garuda, Tiger and Air Asia has also increased flights to Jakarta during the period. On certain days, there are more than 40 flights on the SIN-CGK route for the holiday season. Today there are 44 flights!
    My past and future travels

My Travel Map

Comment

Originally posted by lingua101 View Post

Does SQ add extra flight to cater for big influx of Indonesian escaping Hari Raya? I felt like in CGK last night
      And they are not just coming from CGK, they are also coming from other cities in Indonesia as well. MI had 5 flights instead of the regular 3 flights from MES to SIN this past Sunday (Aug. 27th).

I believe GA has added 2 more flights which are being operated by its B744 just for the Hari Raya demand.

Comment

Originally posted by UMD View Post
        And they are not just coming from CGK, they are also coming from other cities in Indonesia as well. MI had 5 flights instead of the regular 3 flights from MES to SIN this past Sunday (Aug. 27th).

I believe GA has added 2 more flights which are being operated by its B744 just for the Hari Raya demand.
        GA's flights were 1x 744 on 26 Aug and 1x 744+1x A330 from 27-29 Aug.

Comment

Originally posted by wsssaero View Post
          GA's flights were 1x 744 on 26 Aug and 1x 744+1x A330 from 27-29 Aug.
          The new 332s or old 333s?

Sorry for not being on the topic on SQ

Comment

Originally posted by SilverChris View Post
            The new 332s or old 333s?

Sorry for not being on the topic on SQ
            Old and new are definitely not too much different in terms of the in-flight offerings. All GA's A333 have been refurbished with lie flat C and AVOD in all classes. The Y pitch for the old 333 is actually bigger at 34 (and some rows 33") inch.

Anyone knows if SQ is offering a special price for these extra flights? I believe GA actually has special discounted prices for the extra flights.

Back to the topic, I am sure there will be an exodus of Indonesian passengers again at SIN this coming weekend and thus more extra flights between the 2 countries when the Hari Raya holiday comes to a close.

Comment

Next week SQ and GA are all fully booked...my colleagues are all waitlisted.

Comment

Originally posted by nisse View Post
                Next week SQ and GA are all fully booked...my colleagues are all waitlisted.
                This week is holiday for the whole week in Indonesia. So next week people will start flying back home. So try to avoid to fly to Jakarta (and many of Indonesian cities) if not necessary.....

Not only SQ and GA. I think even all budget carrier and LH/TK will be fully booked if not over booked.
                visit my blog

Comment

Working...
                X