SQ's OTT use of the seatbelt sign, and LSS lectures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SQ25 (FRA-SIN) this week.

There was no announcements at all even after quite a sudden big drop of altitude that even the IFS said was unusually frightening. Only lights on. This happened about 2.5 hours before landing (4am or so) while I was having breakfast opposite my partner in his Suite.

Looks like the use of the announcement has been minimised indeed especially during the night.

Comment

Originally posted by SQueeze View Post
      SQ25 (FRA-SIN) this week.

There was no announcements at all even after quite a sudden big drop of altitude that even the IFS said was unusually frightening. Only lights on. This happened about 2.5 hours before landing (4am or so) while I was having breakfast opposite my partner in his Suite.

Looks like the use of the announcement has been minimised indeed especially during the night.

If it was a sudden big drop because off thin air (probably wrong word for it) no one would know in time to make an announcement, because you just drop like a stone.

Comment

Originally posted by Singapore Sling View Post
        If it was a sudden big drop because off thin air (probably wrong word for it) no one would know in time to make an announcement, because you just drop like a stone.
        Well ... Yes. That's logical.
        But Sibgaporeans' kiasuism should have kicked in with lights on, more announcement just in case another drop

Comment

more announcement just in case another drop
          Very ullikely to get more than one, I have only had one in all my years off flying, odds are probably 1000000 to 1, unless you are flying over the bermuda triangle all the time.

Comment

There was no announcements at all even after ...
            You don't really want them to tell you to fasten your seatbelt AFTER the fact, do you?

That's like stepping up security at the airport AFTER someone was found to bring something in.

Comment

Based on my flight a couple of days ago, no announcements were made when the signs came on. Only a safety brief was made during the after-takeoff service announcement.
              My past and future travels

My Travel Map

Comment

Things do seem to have calmed down. Was on SQ325 in J last night, and although the Captain asked the crew to be seated twice, there were no other announcements by the IFS.

Which is great.

Also noticed that the In-flight entertainment system was upgraded. My faster key presses, movies now sorted by origin instead of theme, and nothing crashed.

Which is also great.

None of which makes up for the fact that the website has been made useless.

Comment

Not sure if anyone has realized.
                  Fasten seat belt announcements mid-air are back.
                  I was told the change is required by CAAS, so there you go...

Comment

Originally posted by StarG View Post
                    Not sure if anyone has realized.
                    Fasten seat belt announcements mid-air are back.
                    I was told the change is required by CAAS, so there you go...
                    That's correct.
                    Have you checked your blind spot lately?

Comment

Indeed. Thousands of passengers' sleep and movies are to be interrupted every single day because a kiasu middle management runt at CAAS is afraid some hypothetical future injury on a 9V- reg aircraft will jeopardise his/her civil service paygrade.

@LionCity

Comment

Very disappointing news

Comment

Originally posted by milehighj View Post
                          Indeed. Thousands of passengers' sleep and movies are to be interrupted every single day because a kiasu middle management runt at CAAS is afraid some hypothetical future injury on a 9V- reg aircraft will jeopardise his/her civil service paygrade.

@LionCity
                          They are really mindless drones.

Comment

Aaargh - if we have to have it, can it simply be "seatbelts please".

Comment

@LionCity

Easiest would be for them to say seat belts must be fastened at anytime when seated (instead of a recommendation now), though not preventing anybody using the toilets until the seatbelt sign is lit.

Comment

@LionCity
                                Yep, absolutely ridiculous. All I can say is make sure you complain to the crew every time you get woken up by these silly announcement. The nanny state is alive and kicking....

Originally posted by mr_botak View Post
                                Aaargh - if we have to have it, can it simply be "seatbelts please".
                                Originally posted by scooby5 View Post
                                Easiest would be for them to say seat belts must be fastened at anytime when seated (instead of a recommendation now), though not preventing anybody using the toilets until the seatbelt sign is lit.
                                That's all it needs, either of them would suffice.

Comment

Working...
                                X