Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Photo of cockpit?

Hi all,

Just wondering, does SQ allow pax to get to the cockpit and take a picture during boarding or when disembarking? My requests have been turned down by MU and KA based on past experiences. Read and experienced mixed responses from CX, sometimes yes, sometimes a cold "no" reply. So does SQ grant such requests? Does it depend on which route you are on? Or does it simply depend on luck?

In question is SQ1 HKG-SIN leg btw.

Originally posted by CAPO View Post
    Hi all,

Just wondering, does SQ allow pax to get to the cockpit and take a picture during boarding or when disembarking? My requests have been turned down by MU and KA based on past experiences. Read and experienced mixed responses from CX, sometimes yes, sometimes a cold "no" reply. So does SQ grant such requests? Does it depend on which route you are on? Or does it simply depend on luck?

In question is SQ1 HKG-SIN leg btw.
    Might depend on pilot, but my friends and I have always been granted access to the cockpit on Singapore Airlines and Silkair. They even allowed me to move the flight controls when I was on SQ860, obviously after they turned off the hydraulics. I have to say that the 77W's controls are smoother than the Piper Warrior II's, probably because the Piper was flying when I was trying the controls. (Some pilots will not allow you to take photos in the cockpit and some will allow but refuse to appear in the photos.)

Comment

Oh, and just to add, the F/O's seat on Silkair's A320s are more comfortable than their business class seats.

Comment

Never let in on any of the SQ flights I've had in the past few years. They told me it's due to security reasons. However, I've managed to get into the cockpit on all of my CX flights when I kindly asked if I could. Hope it helps

Comment

Tell them you want to speak to the Captain and they will invite you into the cockpit.

Comment

Working...
          X