X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SilverChris View Post
    EK have SYD flights which go via SIN?
    EK go Dubai-Bangkok-Sydney-Christchurch- v.v with a B77W

Only Melbourne and Brisbane have EK flights via Singapore.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick C View Post
      XX101 SIN0200 – 1130SYD 772 D
      XX102 SYD1230 – 1850SIN 772 D
      Looks like I was slightly off from what's being reported in today's (2 DEC) Straits Times.

XX101 SIN0130 – 1100SYD 772 D
      XX102 SYD1210 – 1830SIN 772 D

Comment

• Originally posted by Kyo View Post
        Interesting development and will mean SYD gets a lot more consideration as a holiday destination. Bring on the competition... let the cannibalisation begin!

Well the CEO said it will not be cannibalisation.

Assuming now there is 1000 people going to SYD daily on SQ. They expect to attract the other people on Scoot... So theoritically, it is not.

But not sure, if this is a "way" for SQ to "downsize" the SYD demand?
        visit my blog

Comment

• Sometimes it's not what they say, it's what they don't say...

Comment

• no matter what SQ may say - Scoot when it flies the SIN-SYD route, there will be some migration of pax from SQ to scoot altho there be also more "new" budget travellers. Just like when the SIN-KUL LCC first started service MH n SQ jointly say its a "diff market segment" but now SQ have almost given up this sector with just 2 flights using its own metal, and have even given up the whole SIN-PEN to silkair which have reduced the fare from pre-SQ time.

Comment

For Scoot to have a midday arrival, it probably has to depart after 0215.
              Depending on one's perspective, that could either be extremely late...

Or extremely early
              Le jour de Saint Eugène, en traversant la Calle Mayor...

Comment

• Originally posted by flyguy View Post
                no matter what SQ may say - Scoot when it flies the SIN-SYD route, there will be some migration of pax from SQ to scoot altho there be also more "new" budget travellers. Just like when the SIN-KUL LCC first started service MH n SQ jointly say its a "diff market segment" but now SQ have almost given up this sector with just 2 flights using its own metal, and have even given up the whole SIN-PEN to silkair which have reduced the fare from pre-SQ time.
                and yet, on the whole, the group is probably better off.
                Last edited by floppy; 3 December 2011, 12:55 AM.

Comment

• Looks like an orange 332 will be joining in the fray as well.

Comment

Looks like an orange 332 will be joining in the fray as well.
                    Won't the 332 be a misfit in what is to be an all 777 fleet?

Comment

• Originally posted by SilverChris View Post
                      Won't the 332 be a misfit in what is to be an all 777 fleet?
                      orange star?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kyo View Post
                        Interesting development and will mean SYD gets a lot more consideration as a holiday destination. Bring on the competition... let the cannibalisation begin!
                        I actually thought it was April the 1st when I read the announcement
                        Kyo. Scoot to Syd, this has to be a joke surely.

Comment

• wonder which 1st destination in China will it be allowed to fly to - would be interesting if its Beijing or even Shanghai as these are also 2 of SQ's main China destinations.

Comment

• Originally posted by jimyvr View Post
                            No. The hunt for destinations is to be launched in 12Q1.
                            I thought SYD was already announced as Scoot's first destination?

http://www.smh.com.au/travel/travel-...201-1o82t.html

Comment

• Will AirAsia X fly into Sydney before Singapore's Scoot?

Brendan Sobie, an analyst with the Centre for Asia Pacific Aviation, expects AirAsia X to launch the Kuala Lumpur-Sydney route before Scoot launches the Singapore-Sydney route.

http://biz.thestar.com.my/news/story...4&sec=business

Comment

• Originally posted by flying.monkeyz View Post
                                Brendan Sobie, an analyst with the Centre for Asia Pacific Aviation, expects AirAsia X to launch the Kuala Lumpur-Sydney route before Scoot launches the Singapore-Sydney route.

http://biz.thestar.com.my/news/story...4&sec=business
                                It all boils down to whether the govt wants to let AAX challenge Scoot, or continue to protect the ailing flag carrier.

Comment

Working...
                                X