No announcement yet.

Scoot! SQ's LCC gets a name

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And so in the 'rare event' a flight is cancelled or delayed, for any reason, travellers could end up finding out only when they get to the airport. If they are stranded overseas, they may have to make their own arrangements for a hotel stay. And when they write to Scoot to complain about the horrific experience, they may not get a reply.
    If this is what he is expecting, than they will not get my business. I can live without Hotel arrangements. I can live with a slow (Jetstar type of 2 week reply for Email feedback), but I don't think its reasonable for me to know of a flight cancellation ONLY when I am at the Airport and NO reply for some feedback / complains.

SMSes isn't that expensive, and our dear AirAsia is already doing that. By taking this attitude, he has lost my business immediately already.
    Life's A Bitch,
    Love It

If GOD created me for only 1 reason. That reason would be to the love of my wife. If there was any other reasons involved, that would be for the love of Singapore Airlines

Flown with me? - http://my.flightmemory.com/inix

Comment

• We have removed a number of recent posts triggered by a comment with racist undertones and given someone time to think about some of the nonsense they have been posting.

If we could keep the thread along the track it was previously travelling that would be greatly appreciated.

MTIA.

Comment

• Saw Scoot's Half-paged Ad in the ST with just 2 circles - trying to be "creative" in its recruitment - but a half page ad with 2 circles costing a few thousand dollars seems to be too extravagant for a yet to fly LCC. And Mr Wilson's idea of making it a "fun, young, exciting" airline as a selling point but in reality its just a LCC.
        And with a dozen senior managers from its parent SIA, and if it continues with this type of expensive recruitment or advertising - then its going to be a real hard struggle to be a real LCC.
        It would be much much better for Wilson to put the money on having positive custmer delivery and customer care and have a callcentre that does pick up calls. From Wilson's speech at its launch of Scoot :

Mr Wilson said: 'It is in our interests and their (consumers) interests that they know exactly what to expect when they get on board... We will not be providing a level of service that people expect of legacy airlines.'

And so in the 'rare event' a flight is cancelled or delayed, for any reason, travellers could end up finding out only when they get to the airport. If they are stranded overseas, they may have to make their own arrangements for a hotel stay. And when they write to Scoot to complain about the horrific experience, they may not get a reply.

These are common grouses of people who fly on budget carriers, and while Scoot will make every attempt to please, to offer low fares, savings must be made, Mr Wilson stressed. There will be no compromise on safety and security, but is it necessary to pay 10 staff to respond to every piece of feedback?

Comment

• Deleted
          Last edited by Megatop; 16 November 2011, 04:37 PM.

Comment

• Golly where's Agent Cavallo Alto from Interpol's Department of Plagiarism when we need him??

Comment

• "I know I wouldn't scoot down no hog with no hose"

Comment

• After reading about Scoot from this thread, I really have no intent to fly it. I understand that as a LCC, our expectation should be lowered, but still think it has a certain limit, and I sincerely hope that Scoot won't be caught in some nasty events to the point that the state has to step in. I understand that you might not have more spares that SIA, but you still need to schedule some downtimes. And if there is a mechanical related delay, I really don't see how Scoot can get away with it. We might not expect being put up in Peninsula Singapore, but at least a holiday inn express.

Unless you are selling your ticket at $1, there are still basic requirement that Scoot needs to fulfill. Not to mention it has tie to Singapore Airlines, which somehow provides some types of assurance for passengers.

Being a LCC does not mean that you can dump all your passengers in a small crowded secondary airport somewhere in China, when your plane goes mechanical for hours or even days. Expectation might be fewer but the contract of bring passengers from point A at certain time to point B at certain B. You can't get away with it.

If Scoot ends up running poorly, it may reflect negatively on SIA too. I don't like the direction Scoot is going... yes LCC means crowded cabin, BOB products, and various fee paying schemes, but customer service should not be lowered, and Air Asia manages to balance it somewhat, and I expect Scoot to either surpass that standard or at least at the same level.

Carfield

Comment

• Just stumbled on this on Youtube, apologies if this has already been posted. Thought it was really funny.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3so6...&feature=share

Comment

• in case Wilson forgets the lower costs of a LCC ticket is bec of its supposedly lower costs of operations like no pillow, blankets, newspapers, no towels, no free luggage and no on board meals unless one purchase it - and also lower staff salaries and benefits. Its not like Wislon to say that if a flight is cancelled or delayed for long then its too bad for the pax! The fact is that even though its a lower fare, but Scoot like other LCCs have to be responsible n accountable for taking th pax from point A to Point B safely - less all the inflight amenities. This Scoot CEO cannot blatandly say that its too bad if its flight is cancelled and pax shd buy their own travel insurance to cover for that - and especially so if scoot is owned 100% by SQ. Whats the point of having a "fun" crew if scoot is not accountable for its cancellations n delays and no customer care at all???
                    The plain n simple and effective way to have a successful LCC is to have a good Customer service and customer delivery and even then if its fare is higher than other LCCs - am sure the pax wouldnt mind given the proper customer care.
                    Wilson have already started on the wrong foot before scoot even takes off.

Comment

• I'll like the new airline

Comment

• Budget airline Scoot

Which destinations are appropriated for the new budget airline Scoot?
                        Have they already announced any destination they'd like to fly?

Comment

• believed Wilson did mention China for sure in his speech

Comment

• i love SCOOT.... sounds really kinky and cute being the baby of SQ what a great way to fly!

Comment

• Originally posted by Chakvetadze08 View Post
                              Which destinations are appropriated for the new budget airline Scoot?
                              Have they already announced any destination they'd like to fly?
                              No. The hunt for destinations is to be launched in 12Q1.
                              Airline Route | twitter

Comment

• With that big orange orb, I'm surprised they didn't name it SunkistAir

Or TropicanAir (with pure premium and orbiginal classes, the latter--with 10 abreast seating--giving you even more of that "freshly squeezed" feeling upion arriving at your destination! )
                                Le jour de Saint Eugène, en traversant la Calle Mayor...

Comment

Working...
                                X