Cheap Travel through Swiss on SQ Metal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheap Travel through Swiss on SQ Metal

I just noticed something via Swiss.com and naturally took full advantage and booked myself onto it and thought I should share it with my second family here on SQT!

If one flies out of London (and I presume from any major European city served by Swiss) connecting in Zurich, it is possible to find cheap fares in Business, connecting in Zurich for Singapore. My flight out of LHR-ZRH-SIN was 1022 or 1027 from LCY at the cheapest. The flight times can be a bit dodgy. 0600 from LHR (No idea how I'm going to get there), BUT Business Class on SQ for 1022GBP 1 way is very cheap.

My inbound from Singapore is not as lucky as most J tickets are in the region of 1.5-2k GBP but I managed to find a EY ticket for 400ish quid and a more flexible one for under 450quid. All in I paid 1519GBP for 1 way Business and 1 way economy on LX but codeshare with SQ so A380 for the long haul. (If you are flying EY both ways it's even cheaper!)

By way of comparison, EY Flexi on SQ was almost 1300GBP and it goes up and some days are 1585GBP out of LHR for the direct flight. Business Class is almost 3800GBP AND as always YMMV!

Hope this helps any1 hoping to return for Christmas hols! Have a good day folks!
    Last edited by coffeeblack; 16 August 2011, 11:52 AM. Reason: Disclaimer and Website to get deal

Thanks for sharing coffeeblack!

Comment

Anytime! Good luck and Happy Hunting!

Comment

Thanks for sharing coffeeblack. Certainly most interesting tidbit of information! Might just be able to use it.

Comment

Thanks coffeeblack for good info.

Did a quick comparison, for dates in December (out 7th back 14th) I can get a return business ticket (Z) from BCN > SIN via ZRH for 2.604 EUR.

Flight with SQ from BCN > SIN (stop in MXP) same dates are 3.337 EUR.

That's nearly 800 EUR difference and not so inconvenient even with the 06:30 departure from BCN with SWISS, when you consider you arrive earlier in SIN, and you would need the stop in MXP with the BCN SQ flight.

Cheers

Comment

Thanks. I suppose it would be a grey area whether one would earn PPSV?

Comment

Originally posted by milehighj View Post
              Thanks. I suppose it would be a grey area whether one would earn PPSV?
              I was actually wondering about that, for the 25% bonus for Miles earned. Coz if I remember policy states that Codeshare is based on the actual carrier flown. So we should earn miles on the SQ flight not LX and should thus gain 25% bonus on the miles flown on the A380...

Correct me if I'm wrong?

Comment

just tried flying out of LCY, LHR and FRA to SIN in Dec... no such luck. about GBP3400 one-way...

Comment

LX's 1 way tickets are very expensive. Try booking 2 way and just forfeiting the return?

Comment

Originally posted by ginkoka View Post
                    just tried flying out of LCY, LHR and FRA to SIN in Dec... no such luck. about GBP3400 one-way...
                    Try BHX-ZRH-SYD

J class return at £2800 here ; http://www.kayak.co.uk/flights/BHX-S...6b386b305d71ad
                    Have we flown/are we flying together ?

http://www.ba97.com/ba97/calendar/re...?handle=dukesy

Comment

Curious Development in this story.

Now my booking from the Swiss website has shown up on my SQ upcoming flights when I log in using my KF Number to the SQ site. I can't do anything and the class of travel is not reflected correctly, but still very interesting. It even lists the flights I have waitlisted on Swiss.

Comment

Working...
                      X