This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by flymeroundthemoon View Post
    I also note that many of the SQ shills seem to have disappeared also, except, of course, for the perennials.
    I'm sure Man Flyer has done his best to eradicate the weeds but they mutate and come back here again with a new nomenclature!

We are all aware of the existence of one such specimen...

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
      I am for safety and stuff, but they are well OTT with the seatbelt signs, and especially the lecture that accompanies it.
      Years ago, I knew a lady whose son was a SQ cabin crew. I think he suffered a very bad concussion due to a fall during turbulence while on duty. I don't know the exact details but I have a vague recollection of it being really serious.

So I would not be quite so upset if they don't continue with food/drinks service if there was turbulence.

But I do agree that there might not be any need for incessant warnings.
      Last edited by phaleesy; 24 August 2011, 09:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by kapitan View Post
        it is the lack of service that I was not happy about.... absolutely of them came around asking if we need a top up of water, no offer of juice of any kind was what peeved me off...... I was thristy, would love something to drink, .....

Apparently the FSS was sent to Y and it was only left to the IFS and a galley steward to serve J during breakfast, and the IFS was disapointing.
        The last time I experienced a speeding FSS with the bread basket as she made a quick as lightning U-turn from one aisle to the other, completely missing a few rows of dining pax as she dashed back into the galley with a full bread basket.

I matter of factly informed the CSS (who had greeted me pre-take off) and she took it upon herself to bring back the bread basket. I figured it was mercury retrograde and everyone's experiencing some communication/motor issues

But, that's really what I do these days. When I notice a service lapse, it is my duty as a frequent traveler/airline/hotel paying customer to inform the crew of the problem, whether I'm on board SQ, EK, or CI. I make sure I communicate it to them there and then, regardless of whether I have to tell them in English, Arabic, Portuguese, or Mandarin

As regards the SQ inflight turbulence announcements, I am so over it. After all, I am also a frequent flier of another Asian carrier with the same predilection for making those announcements copiously throughout a transpacific flight in at least 3 languages: English/Mandarin/Taiwanese(Hokkien)/Japanese/Hindi!
        Le jour de Saint Eugène, en traversant la Calle Mayor...

Comment

IMVHO, we have to have some perspective here. Provision of bread, cofee, OJ etc for a meal (whether it be in a posh restaurant or on a plane) is hardly a life or death matter requiring any service lapse to be brought to the attention of someone in charge (and possibly screwing up the guilty party's day).

As long as it's just accidental (rather than rudeness or laziness), I like to think that I can forgive any service lapse and if I really feel left out, I would rather discreetly bring it up with him/her (e.g. a polite request for bread).

Comment

Originally posted by jhm View Post
            IMVHO, we have to have some perspective here. Provision of bread, cofee, OJ etc for a meal (whether it be in a posh restaurant or on a plane) is hardly a life or death matter requiring any service lapse to be brought to the attention of someone in charge (and possibly screwing up the guilty party's day).
            I haven't seen anyone calling lack of a drink a 'life or death matter'. What some are doing is having a moan (it happens a lot on message baords ) about a perceived drop in service standards, which when you claim (rightly or wrongly) to be the best around you open yourself up for criticism when people believe standards are dropping.

Personally I have no issue with on board service standards, and are more than happy with that. What I do have a real problem with is these incessant seatbelt signs if somebody as much as coughs and the repetitive message that follows, every time. As SMK77 says, when you are on an overnight flight and are asleep this nonsense wakes you up, and as most travellers know once you are awake on an aircraft it is difficult to get back to sleep.

It's very annoying, but to be fair it's not the fault of the LSS as they are just carrying out instructions from above.

Comment

I haven't seen anyone calling lack of a drink a 'life or death matter'. What some are doing is having a moan (it happens a lot on message baords ) about a perceived drop in service standards, which when you claim (rightly or wrongly) to be the best around you open yourself up for criticism when people believe standards are dropping.
              I wrote "a life or death matter requiring any service lapse to be brought to the attention of someone in charge". Moaning on here is fine but I was making the point that I at least think it's a bit OTT to (e.g.) raise with a CSS something bread/water/coffee (as opposed to safety) related which a FSS didn't do.

Comment

Originally posted by jhm View Post
                I wrote "a life or death matter requiring any service lapse to be brought to the attention of someone in charge". Moaning on here is fine but I was making the point that I at least think it's a bit OTT to (e.g.) raise with a CSS something bread/water/coffee (as opposed to safety) related which a FSS didn't do.
                Well that's a commendable new morality on complaints you seem to have acquired there.

I can't help thinking you'll be quite busy going forward.

Comment

I've got to be honest, I've read this bit three times now but haven't got a clue what you are talking about. The word 'shill' has been used twice in this thread now, neither was by me but both by 'different' people with strikingly similar posting styles ; I've spent 400 million pounds with SQ....I now fly EK...I use titles in all my posts....etc so it's nice to see you stick up for one of your own.

I haven't bothered to work out if the new stuff is also posted late at night...
                  I would invite you to check the IP data. Please feel free to publish the results. I resent the insinuation, I am a shill for nobody other than myself and I note that the expression of views against SQ seems not to be welcome here. Which is, of course, what makes it so much fun. My flying is now with a mixture of airlines, including CX, EK, QR, TG depending on where I can get the best Premium deals for a given journey. It's also, at best, disingenuous to state that I never disclosed that I do not fly SQ any longer. You might care to review historical data; which I am sure that you, in your omnipotence, have total access to, including IP information.

I fully respect and have no problem whatsoever with your countervailing views which fully represent your own opinions, and even your obvious close attachment to SQ, but you really should maintain a fair, balanced and honest discourse. Similarly, it is not a matter of taking anything too seriously, including oneself, but more a matter of "The tyranny of the majority", which perhaps you might have read, resulted in important amendents to the US constitution?
                  Last edited by flymeroundthemoon; 25 August 2011, 08:42 PM.
                  Round the Moon. And Back

Comment

I would invite you to check the IP data. Please feel free to publish the results. I resent the insinuation, I am a shill for nobody other than myself
                    There is that word 'shill' again.

Now I have an apology to make here. A few days ago I gave the impression that two people on this thread had used that word. I got that wrong, as it is now clearly only one.

I note that the expression of views against SQ seems not to be welcome here.

This confirms to me that a parallel universe exists somewhere, either that or someone hasn't been reading most of the recent thread and posts on here.

There are people I know who would fall clean off their chair if they were told that views against SQ are not welcome on SQTalk.

My flying is now with a mixture of airlines, including CX, EK, QR, TG depending on where I can get the best Premium deals for a given journey.
                    Really ?, you should have said.

It's also, at best, disingenuous to state that I never disclosed that I do not fly SQ any longer. You might care to review historical data; which I am sure that you, in your omnipotence, have total access to, including IP information.

Woosh!!!.

Please keep 'em coming. You managed to get all your stuff in one post this time, although the edits lasted over 2 hours.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer

Please keep 'em coming. You managed to get all your stuff in one post this time, although the edits lasted over 2 hours.

Now, how would you know that? I rest my case.
                      Round the Moon. And Back

Comment

Now, how would you know that? I rest my case.

Pssst...come here....

At the top left of your post above, number 53, it says:

Today, 06:35pm

Then, at the bottom of your post above, number 53 it says:

Last edited by flymeroundthemoon; Today at 08:42pm

But don't tell anyone I've told you how to do that, it's a secret.

Comment

I note that the expression of views against SQ seems not to be welcome here.
                          Look chap, previously you were amusingly annoying. With comment above, you are beyond absurd.

Do at least attempt to talk some sense, else do crawl back to your hole in Bali, Dagenham or wherever, and enjoy the pot.

[And don't, as some half-arsed rejoinder, ask for me or anyone else to substantiate why "expression of views against SQ are indeed welcome here", as any superficial read of this forum will provide more than enough of the same. I guarantee it, you just need to be marginally sober (at the time).]

Comment

Pssst...come here....

At the top left of your post above, number 53, it says:

Today, 06:35pm

Then, at the bottom of your post above, number 53 it says:

Last edited by flymeroundthemoon; Today at 08:42pm

But don't tell anyone I've told you how to do that, it's a secret.
                            And your point is?
                            Round the Moon. And Back

Comment

And your point is?

None, I am just resting my case.

Comment

Unfortunately, as much fun as this thread has undoubtedly turned out to be, it has gone past it's usefullness and as we have reached the stage were posts have had to be deleted we will lock it temporarily pending Moderator discussion.

It's a shame I know, but we mustn't allow any criticism of SQ on here.

Comment

Working...
                                X