Why is there an A380 sitting at NRT?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why is there an A380 sitting at NRT?

The plane is parked at the remote bay.. it doesn't seem to be from an arriving or departing flight. It was there yesterday when I arrived from Vancouver and its still there today as I leave for HKG?

Aircraft, eh, rosak (kaput, broken down)?

I believe it's from last night SQ11 bound for SIN. Some technical issue? Thats what SQ Japan told me. Not too sure. I was supposed to be on that flight but was redirected on SQ633 from HND instead.. I just landed 3 hours ago actually.. FULL load

Comment

Sq11 to SIN has been delayed by 18 hours.

Comment

Originally posted by sealalula View Post
        Sq11 to SIN has been delayed by 18 hours.
        18?! For what? The typhoon?

Comment

not typhoon... other flights has been landing and taking off.. i was wondering why as well... been thrown off A380 and put on a 773 with the oldest non-AVOD krisworld.. i wasn't too happy! But what can I do...

Comment

Aircraft registrated, 9V-SKI.

Comment

SQ11 delayed

My SQ11 flight from LAX to SIN on Aug 5th was supposed to depart around 3:45pm Los Angeles time, but got a call from SQ about 12pm that flight will be delayed until 9am the next morning, Aug 6th. When I ask the SQ lady at check-in the next day, she mentioned engine problem was the reason why it got delayed and they had to fly in another A380 for us. The weird thing is that SQ12 did arrive at LAX on Aug 5th on-time (at least according to flightaware.com), so if the one in NRT is the one with engine problem, why did SQ12 arrive at LAX on-time? Either way, I still got to fly A380 and in SIN now; awesome ride, super smooth and quiet inside (at least compared to non A380).

Comment

Oh and I noticed that the engine bay on the right outer engine was opened; seems like someone's working on it.

Comment

I don't know if it's related but on August 5th whilst helping someone check in at United, I saw SQ 12D which was of course heavily delayed on FIDS

Comment

Originally posted by kikoenaivoice View Post
                    not typhoon... other flights has been landing and taking off.. i was wondering why as well... been thrown off A380 and put on a 773 with the oldest non-AVOD krisworld.. i wasn't too happy! But what can I do...
                    Must be a engine issue.

Comment

A380's must be on a run an the moment as I taxied past an EK 380 on a remote bay at MAN last Friday, and they had the port inner engine open. Thats the second EK 380 grounded at MAN in the last few weeks.

Comment

Working...
                      X