No announcement yet.

Aug Silverkris Mag - Changi Airport T2/T3 Gates Page Missing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sad fact but typical of the elitist scholar mentality that pervades the upper echelons of Singapore Inc be it public or private sector. You see it for example in questionable designs for road junctions that are confusing like the semi circus you have along West Coast Highway.

Comment

With their profits down, I am sure Marketing was told to go cut some costs ... Very soon they will no longer print the magazine, as they slowly push the pax to read the online version (which I hate, because it is so hard to maneuver the pages). Of course they will disguise this as some green movement but we all know it's about slashing costs.

Comment

Amazing. How could they even think by cutting one page, it could save them that much money. Soon everyone will have receipt paper as boarding passes.

Comment

Playing devil's advocate though, if a pax can read enough to understand the English pages in the magazine, surely that same pax can read the English signs inside Changi ?

After all, it's not like a LGW/LHR or HND/NRT transfer and hardly rocket science, i.e. follow the signs and walk or take the train!

Comment

Originally posted by jhm View Post
            Playing devil's advocate though, if a pax can read enough to understand the English pages in the magazine, surely that same pax can read the English signs inside Changi ?

After all, it's not like a LGW/LHR or HND/NRT transfer and hardly rocket science, i.e. follow the signs and walk or take the train!
            That's is where this assumption you have just made sunk in with the decision to take the page out. What is being compromised here is the customer experience.

Comment

I remembered on CX, they even issue a boarding pass jacket with transfer instructions for transfer in HKG during check-in of flights that include connections. Not sure if SQ does it.
              My past and future travels

My Travel Map

Comment

Originally posted by ycp81 View Post
                I remembered on CX, they even issue a boarding pass jacket with transfer instructions for transfer in HKG during check-in of flights that include connections. Not sure if SQ does it.
                Indeed. IIRC, it is also in its inflight magazine.

Comment

I used to flip to that page under the Silver Kris in-flight magazine if I had a SQ connecting flight while the Air Show was displaying which gate I was docking, & what other departing flights gates will be. This is very important for me as I need to estimate whether I shall walk or run. Without this info, I'll really don't know what to say to the SQ management..!

Comment

To compare, LH features maps of FRA, MUC and even ZRH in their inflight mag, and all this on a intra-Europe A321 flight!

Comment

IIRC, United Hemispheres magazine has a few pages dedicated to airport diagrams of selected airports such as ORD, FRA, LHR and NRT, pointing out UA gates, *A lounges and terminals from which other *A members operate from.

Comment

As familiar as I am with Changi, if i have a tight connection at Sin, I always look at the map once I know my arrival and departure gates to work out the quickest way between T2 and T3. Dumb, dumb move SQ! What hope has the first timer in transit between T2 and T3 at Sin???

Comment

Originally posted by wsssaero View Post
                          To compare, LH features maps of FRA, MUC and even ZRH in their inflight mag, and all this on a intra-Europe A321 flight!
                          And Qantas have a map of Sydney, Melbourne, LAX, JFK, HKG, LHR and probably more that I can't remember in their magazine...

Comment

Everyone who thinks its a bad idea send an e-mail. You never know they might change there mind.

Comment

Working...
                            X